Millennial Media - Fast paced tech company that works for some, not for others | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Millennial Media

"Fast paced tech company that works for some, not for others"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Millennial Media full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Location is perfect for young professionals.

Cons

Work life ratio isn't that hot, put in a lot of hours.

Other Employee Reviews for Millennial Media

"Great opportunity in huge industry, but absolutely the worst talent level I've ever seen"

Current Employee - Vice President in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Vice President in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Millennial Media full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They are in the right business and people get to work on some really cutting edge stuff. It's also a fun work environment where people enjoy themselves.

Cons

Management, especially CEO Paul are just atrocious. The talent level is abysmal. I've never worked with so many dumb people before. Paul does nothing of value. He's not involved at all in Sales, Product, Tech. He cares more about what color the walls are painted and which band is going to play at the Christmas party. Sets absolutely the wrong tone for the whole company. Everyone leaves at 5pm, no one really gets startup culture and because of that Google will kick their asses on the long run. Also, their tech truly sucks.

Advice to Management

Resign, you guys are total jokes and have no business running a company of this size.

2. "The company is what you make of it (in a good way)"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Millennial Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In a very fast-moving work environment, there are countless opportunities to grow and to find new ways to get involved and grow your skill set. Here, the main focus seems to be on how to make the company better, and make yourself better in the process. It's a fun place to work and really provides opportunities for me that I've never had before. I've never felt so in control of what I can accomplish.

Everyone seems to be very willing to cooperate with one another, and it's always fun to tackle a problem head on with so many intelligent and interesting people. There really seems to be a good cross-section of people here from a lot of different backgrounds and with a lot of different mindsets. It's refreshing to be able to hear so many different opinions in a room, and work together to find what will work the best. Nothing seems to be fully out of bounds, and creativity is encouraged.

Reading some of the other reviews, I can understand that the "culture" here may not seem to be for everyone, but I'd encourage anyone to make his or her own decision about that. It's really a different kind of company here, and a place where people aren’t afraid to try new things: It’s a unique experience that's worth a look. I'm really happy I came here, and think others would be as well.

Cons

Cross-company communication is a possible area for improvement, just like at any rapidly-growing company. Great strides are being made now to address this already, so keep up the good work and encourage the team atmosphere that’s really been coming on more recently.

Advice to Management

Celebrate the diversity of the opinions of the company more, just like recent changes are doing now. Everything's heading in a great direction. Employees may just need a little push to build more confidence and find their own voice within the company.