Millennial Media - Great place to work! | Glassdoor

"Great place to work!"

Pros

I've been at Millennial Media for two years. Before my move to Millennial, I worked closely with dozens of different companies. After getting to know many different companies well, and from my two years here, I can honestly say that I believe Millennial is one of the best places to work. That is why I chose to work here, and why I’m still here.

In the states, the main locations are Baltimore (HQ), Boston, San Francisco, DC, and New York. The offices have large and open work spaces, and all have a modern and somewhat techy feel to them. The company throws outings to sports games and local venues, has big holiday parties and catered events throughout the year, holds company hackmatches, has fruit, drinks, and gaming areas throughout the offices, and participates in tons of local charity events. They even took over a restaurant and bar next to the headquarters in Baltimore where people can hang out, work, and take advantage of the daily free breakfast buffet. The dress code is casual; wear whatever you want as long as it’s not offensive. They are having the team that built Under Armour’s headquarters design and build out a huge modern office addition to the Baltimore location in the next few months.

I think the company is 600+ people right now. Throughout technology we have people who are active in the community and do development in their spare time. Many of us have side start-ups, apps, etc. To me, that’s the type of engineer you want to be around, innovate and passionate. I’ve seen hard work pay off through a bunch of internal transfers and promotions. We have leadership from all over who are well connected and hands-on in driving the company forward in their different business units. As in any large environment some people have different opinions on how things should be done, and though it can be frustrating at times, I’d rather be in a company where people challenge each other with progressive ideas and new technologies than one where people just go with the flow. People at Millennial are friends. Maybe it’s because there have been so many referrals, but there are close groups in all of the offices.

I love the industry we’re in, love that we are encouraged to explore and develop new technologies, and think the future is bright here.

Cons

The company itself has been pretty much doubling in size every year for the past 3 - 4 years. Sure, there have been some growing pains through taking the company public and through acquisitions, but to me the pros vastly out way the cons.

Other Employee Reviews for Millennial Media

"Leadership manages up"

Former Employee - Senior Developer in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Developer in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Millennial Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Embrace open technologies, nice, but low value perks, like ice cream days half day summer Fridays

Cons

Leadership only seems to manage up, compensation was significantly worse then previous jab and tanking stock really hurts

2. "Fast paced good environment"

Pros

It was fun while the company was growing so quickly.

Cons

The demands were hard but we all worked hard together.