Millennium Health - Poor Management and lack of leadership | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Millennium Health

"Poor Management and lack of leadership"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Millennium Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Health benefit is good. Break room is large like a school cafeteria. Good ameneties.

Cons

Micro manage, poor leadership, horrible billing system, favorites, stress @ 100%. No pay raise.

Advice to Management

Worst management that I ever worked under. I will not recommend this employer to my friends.

Other Employee Reviews for Millennium Health

"Micro Management is shunned but still thrives in Billing"

Current Employee - Billing Department in Rancho Bernardo, CA
    Current Employee - Billing Department in Rancho Bernardo, CA

I have been working at Millennium Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Better than average benefits, up to date technology, executive management strives to keep family oriented environment set forth by owner and founder, company does as much for employees morale more than I've seen with other employers

Cons

Billing department is very micro managed, this part of the industry is cutthroat, but I've been treated more of an adult at my previous jobs. In this department prepare to be baby sat. Management likes to pick on the weaker links as leverage, more like bullying. HR is not great at recognizing actual talent for interdepartmental transfer, you are more likely to be shutdown than given a fighting chance to succeed.

Advice to Management

Take complaints from employees more seriously before you have a suit for harassment.

"A Large Company That Doesn't Know It"

Former Employee - Information Technology in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Information Technology in San Diego, CA

I worked at Millennium Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My peers were some of the best people that I have worked with.

You are supporting a very good cause through your work.

Medical coverage is good , if you have a few thousand dollars in your savings account.

Free water in the break room.

A great place for entry-level and Junior level professionals to learn the ropes. If you don't mind working with 6 year old technology.

Cons

Motivation through shaming was commonplace. Not by management, but by people who fancy themselves as management. And this behavior is tolerated by actual management.

Creativity, and problem solving can get you into trouble. Very specific solutions and implementations are dictated, often by people who have never done the job you are trying to do, You will be reminded that you are not allowed to make decisions. Both directly, and indirectly.

Project management is poor. It's not that the Project Managers do a bad job. It's that they have no authority, and outside influences often prevented success. Warnings of impending failure were commonly ignored. Or got you uninvited to status meetings.

I imagine that most people spent their time with their head down and their mouth shut, just trying to get through the day.

Advice to Management

It takes more to valuing employee contributions than hanging a Suggestion Box in the break room.

You will go a long way by treating the employees how you want to be treated. Both in terms of information sharing, and pinching pennies in non-executive buildings and resources.

Hire good people and then trust them to do their job. I saw that written somewhere as part of a mission statement or training guide or something, and I almost fell out of my chair laughing.