Millennium Hotels and Resorts - Millennium Biltmore revolving door | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Millennium Hotels and Resorts

"Millennium Biltmore revolving door"

Current Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Millennium Hotels and Resorts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They are finally starting to renovate the hotel a little now that most all of the other four star hotels in downtown Los Angeles have been completed renovated or have just been built within the last few years. A lot of line level employees have been here for many years and really care about the hotel. However, many are not very happy but can not afford to leave. The hotel lobby and banquet rooms are beautiful.

Cons

The owners do not seem to care very much about the managers. Their have been five general mangers in the last five years and in the sales department where I work, we have had five different directors of sales in the last four years. so many managers come and go in six months to a year. I have been at the hotel for three years and have accepted a new job and will be leaving soon. I feel sorry for our new Sales Director - he works so hard and is not appreciated. We have not had a general manger for five months now and the owners don't seem to care very much.

Advice to Management

I am not very sure that they will listen. We have lost so much business in the last year compared to the other hotels in L.A. Groups and meeting planners do not like the hotel any more do to the fact that management changes happen every six months and the hotel guest rooms are in dire need of renovation. The staff moral is very poor

Other Employee Reviews for Millennium Hotels and Resorts

1. "Easy job with handful of drama and incompetent coworkers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

You will easily be recognized as an expert due to the fact that majority of the employees are below average in terms of performance and knowledge.

Cons

Complete lack of appreciation for employees. Senior management's expectancies are very high with very low salaries and poor benefits.

Company budget is very tight and purchasing is a big challenge as majority of your purchase request above the forecasted budget will be denied.

Advice to Management

Be more aware of the concept of proper investment and learn how to appreciate your employees and 'work with' them, not 'rule over' them.

"Never Changes"

Current Employee - Sales Assistant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Assistant in New York, NY

Pros

Name looks good on resume (one of only two certified conference center hotels in NYC). Yep, that's about all.

Cons

I worked @ MB a looong time ago - ten yrs, but after reading the post from another sales asst in 2010 I had to post a review bc it seems NOTHING CHANGES. I had the EXACT SAME experience as the sales assistant did ten yrs later - absolutely no training and when you, of course, begin drowning bc you don't even know how the computer system works and are expected to pump out tons of contracts and proposals daily, they huff and puff and then have you pull up a chair behind someone who's just as slammed and clearly annoyed at being watched. Nice.

The best is that after about six weeks they forced me to attend "training" for an entire day - on office safety. Yes, you sit there watching videos on how to properly pick up and put down a box knowing that you're going to have to stay late every day for the next week bc you still don't have any idea how the computer system works and will have dozens of proposals to get out.

I too zoomed out of there in five mths (shortest stay I've ever had @ a job). Apparently this is simply the way it is @ the ol' MB, it's not just a bad set of circumstances.

Advice to Management

No advice - they've been doing this for at least ten yrs if not longer, they clearly do not care.