Miller Nash - Good place for legal training | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Miller Nash

"Good place for legal training"

Pros

I was treated very well by Miller Nash. I was given excellent opportunities to grow as a lawyer and to take on cases and issues by myself, even at the start of my career. There are some wonderful people at that firm who made it a great place to work. The billable requirement was manageable.

Cons

I felt a lot of pressure to bring in new business. Some of the senior partners have tremendous egos. Making money drove a lot of the decisions made in that place, but it is a for-profit company, after all. I didn't feel personally connected with many of the attorneys there.

Advice to Management

I recommend a little more openness when it comes to discussing firm matters. The associate attorneys want to know how the firm is doing, and what problems it is facing - it's OK to share this information. Also, associates should be educated at an earlier stage in their career about what it is truly like to be a partner.

Other Employee Reviews for Miller Nash

1. "Great People - Good Culture - Low Pay"

I have been working at Miller Nash full-time

Pros

Friendly co-workers, constant company events with food and drinks provided, easy-going culture, lovely location on waterfront next to relaxing sculpture park, company is very understanding with family obligations or sudden emergencies.

Cons

Low pay, on the waterfront so lunch diversity is limited and the commute is longer than straight downtown, no match for your 401K.

Advice to Management

Please consider a 401k match and a full parking subsidy, instead of partial. Advise Glassdoor.com that Donald A. Burns is not our CEO? I would give Kieran Curley a big thumbs up.

"Great Firm."

Former Employee - Litigation Associate in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Litigation Associate in Portland, OR

I worked at Miller Nash full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had a great experience working at Miller Nash. I absolutely loved all the people I worked with. I felt the Partners genuinely wanted Associates to do well and to become the best lawyers they could be. I was given a lot of great opportunities and more autonomy than I would have expected as a first year. I also found the other Associates to be extremely collaborative and supportive. I couldn't have asked for a better place to start my law career.

Cons

Nothing you wouldn't expect working as a Litigation Associate at a larger firm. It's hard work and hours can be long and unpredictable - but I felt that I was compensated well and given flexibility when I needed it.

Advice to Management

Sustain: Training Hours for New Associates
    Improve: Give first year Litigation Associates a little more Pro-Bono Hours so they can get more of that experience if it is available.