KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee, more than 3 years

I'm Excited to Be Part of Mimosa

Dec 1, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I'm as excited about the company as the day I joined. We're reshaping the broadband access business, and it's great to see the direct impact that I can have in the success of our customers. That's why we go to start-up companies, right? The team in engineering is getting better and better all the time, which doesn't always happen as a company grows. I really enjoy my co-workers, and the company facilities are pretty nice.

Cons

For awhile, the company was slow to take action on the lower performing employees, which is demotivating for those of us who put in the extra effort and really care about making the company successful. That's changed over the past year though, which some people don't like, but I think has greatly improved the morale in engineering. I'm proud to be part of the team, which I think is world-class.

Continue reading
    4 people found this review helpful

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Keep up the good job

Dec 1, 2017 - Principal Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been working in Mimosa for around 2.5 years. Mimosa is an excellent company for whoever wants to work in a startup. I just wanted to write up my experience here upon seeing some unfair comments.  Mimosa is a 6 years old startup which is building very good and innovative products. People here are working hard to make this happen. It is all about providing better Internet access through wireless to people. Mimosa has proved that this is possible. There are numerous customer success cases. Mimosa is making a real positive impact in people’s lives and changing Internet access business. Work environment is very positive and people here are like a big family. People are friendly, nice and always helpful to each other. Management is open to feedbacks and takes quick action to fix problems. You are valued for your contribution and hard work. Management is generally very careful about hiring top talent. You learn a lot of things and innovation is a major drive.  Customer feedbacks and opinions have always highest priority. How a company can be successful without providing customer satisfaction. We hear lot of positive feedbacks from our customers. There are some bugs in products and sometimes customers are not satisfied. This happens for all the products and companies. The important thing is that whether the company takes action to fix it immediately and makes customers happy or not. It is exactly how these are done at Mimosa. Many times customer issues resulted due to misconfiguration or it was a network issue. I've seen lots of times that execs joined customer meetings to understand and solve their issues. This makes our customers very happy. Employee churn rate is definitely not so high as people commented here. For some people after spending 3-4 years in the company, thinking about a change or other opportunities is very normal in Silicon Valley. Experience and knowledge gained here is invaluable.

Cons

Since it is a mature startup now, needs more documented processes.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Prepare to be Underpaid and Overworked

Dec 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

What few people left at Mimosa are great to work with.

Cons

Airspan Networks was forced to acquire Mimosa Networks in October of 2018. Mimosa has a great, startup environment but Airspan treats Mimosa like a red-headed stepchild. Airspan management is ruining this company more and more each day. So many employees have left and they aren't able to hire anyone. They think people that work in Silicon Valley make too much money so the open positions are vastly underpaid. The stock prices are also in the gutter. Definitely not somewhere someone should go if they want a successful company.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Mimosa Networks.