Mind Over Machines - Company Experience | Glassdoor

"Company Experience"

Current Employee - Database Administrator
Current Employee - Database Administrator

Pros

-Good holidays
-Good people to work around
-Good environment. Employees are good and cooperative with each other. So finding good friends.

Cons

-Pay raise problems as it always
-Negotiation in starting
-Implementing new offers and bonuses are pending. So would be better to improve these.

Advice to Management

-Average salary would make employees happy in their life. Below average would make an employee stressful in his or her life.

Other Employee Reviews for Mind Over Machines

"Growing company and a nice place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Owings Mills, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Owings Mills, MD

Pros

I've been with Mind Over Machines for five years now. In my 30+ years in IT I've worked exclusively for very large companies until coming to MOM in 2010. I like that it's large enough to provide many opportunities and yet small enough for you to feel like you're part of something. The management has been very flexible both with my career goals and work life. Being constantly exposed to new technologies and technology enthusiasts has help keep me fresh in my career. The suburban location of MOM HQ in Owings Mills is also a plus. Easy to get around with few hassles.

Cons

The consulting life in general provides a few challenges, in that you're always somewhat of an outsider in the client's organization. It's also a plus in that you get to support large organizations without getting caught up in their politics.

Advice to Management

Occasionally, it might be a good idea to rotate consultants between clients when they've supported one particular client for a long time.

"Great culture and environment"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Owings Mills, MD
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Owings Mills, MD

I worked at Mind Over Machines (More than a year)

Pros

-Cool office, building, and view
    -Friendly people
    -Variety of projects
    -CEO is friendly and someone you can talk to

Cons

-Microsoft-based tech stacks for most projects
    -Consulting work so you're not always in the Owings Mills office depending on what project you're on
    -Stale tech stack for the client where I was placed (ColdFusion, Struts 1, etc.)

Advice to Management

-Always be open to change and be conscious of new emerging technologies to be ready for the future
    -Expand upon certification bonuses available even if they aren't for a current specific project that you have