Miniso - Just horrible environment to work in | Glassdoor

"Just horrible environment to work in"

Retail Sales Associate

I worked at Miniso

Pros

Friendly coworkers, customers, cute items

Cons

No employee discount, overworking what we're paid for, management, lying about overtime on holidays, minimal training, bad/ no communication. My advice - just dont work here.

Advice to Management

Learn to respect your employees. Especially since we do more than what we are paid to do. This isn't China, there are laws here. Also, don't lie or hide things from employees. Eventually it will be found out. I felt like I didn't learn as much as I have expected here.

Miniso2018-01-15
  1. "Store Manager"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Palm Desert, CA

I have been working at Miniso full-time

Pros

Amazing culture and fun products to sell

Cons

I can't think of any

Miniso2018-11-24
  2. "Growing start-up vibe under new management"

Current Employee - Corporate Office in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Miniso full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was hired early 2019 after the company went through a recent management team change - former COO is no longer in the picture and the new regime seems younger and pretty open-minded with testing new strategies. Departments are friendly and collaborative, it's been frankly a positive experience here so far.

Cons

Internal procedure and work flow are frequently updated or revised, which is understandable given the new management team and a young company, can be a bit frustrating at times with some lack of information from predecessors.

Advice to Management

Proactive communication with team members will help make the new employees feel heard and understand necessary decisions or changes made are for the company's future growth that will ultimately benefit all team members.

Miniso2019-09-14

Discover more reviews about Miniso.