Miniso - Horrible place to work | Glassdoor

"Horrible place to work"

Former Employee - Part Time Sales Assistant in Bankstown

I worked at Miniso part-time for less than a year

Pros

- Cool products - Clean stores

Cons

- During your training period they don't train you and make you clean. - After your training (Cleaning) period they let you go without informing you. - They don't pay you for training (By law they have to) and ignore emails when following up. - Manager & Teamleader aswel as staff speak little English but fluent Chinese to one another. - They blame you for not doing things they didn't train you on. -... Difficult to get in touch with HR/Head Office as they don't have a contact number and neither do the stores. - No staff benefits/discounts - Customers can't communicate with manager as they can't talk English.

Advice to Management

Nobody deserves to be treated like servants. We are in Australia not overseas. To hire people to clean then let them go aswel as not paying them is terrible. I suggest you have a read of the Fair Work Ombudsman Rules and Regulations.

Miniso2018-05-05
  1. "Store Manager"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Palm Desert, CA

I have been working at Miniso full-time

Pros

Amazing culture and fun products to sell

Cons

I can't think of any

Miniso2018-11-24
  2. "Growing start-up vibe under new management"

Current Employee - Corporate Office in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Miniso full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was hired early 2019 after the company went through a recent management team change - former COO is no longer in the picture and the new regime seems younger and pretty open-minded with testing new strategies. Departments are friendly and collaborative, it's been frankly a positive experience here so far.

Cons

Internal procedure and work flow are frequently updated or revised, which is understandable given the new management team and a young company, can be a bit frustrating at times with some lack of information from predecessors.

Advice to Management

Proactive communication with team members will help make the new employees feel heard and understand necessary decisions or changes made are for the company's future growth that will ultimately benefit all team members.

Miniso2019-09-14

Discover more reviews about Miniso.