Ministry Health Care - 25 years in a fairly good job, but I needed a change. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ministry Health Care

"25 years in a fairly good job, but I needed a change."

Former Employee - Technical Specialist Dialysis in Marshfield, WI
Former Employee - Technical Specialist Dialysis in Marshfield, WI

Pros

Independence in the workplace to complete machine maintainence. Flexable hours as long as you completed the work in a timely manner monthly. A very good PTO (vacation) plan existed there.

Cons

In my position, there was very little "in house" technical support as Dialysis equipment is so very specialized and it took literally years to develop the skills needed to repair it.
Ministry just kept adding on to the work-load. At the end of my employment I was responsible for over 400 pieces of equipment and 4 seperate Dialysis units.

Advice to Management

The implimentation of (SSO) shared service organization removed any and all personel "ownership" by employees to their respective work enviroments. It may have saved some money, but Ministry lost far more than any $ savings could replace.

Nick Desien got fired, and nobody is talking. (question below)

Other Employee Reviews for Ministry Health Care

"Recent changes in policies and benefits are disappointing."

Current Employee - Director in Wisconsin Rapids, WI
    Current Employee - Director in Wisconsin Rapids, WI

Pros

Opportunities within other Ministry facilities are good when they aren't down-sizing.

Cons

Very tight FTEs. The company moves slowly to address needs and make necessary changes.
    Benefits, particularly health insurance is not as good as almost all the other companies provide in our area. Very difficult if not impossible to get needed up-grades to equipment and facilities. No float pool for needed coverage. Very little opportunity to get additional training, attend conferences or inservices.

Advice to Management

Hire people who know thier specialty. Keep good staff by offering career ladder and wage/extra shift incentives. Really care about work-life balance rather than just paying lip service to it.

2. "Scientific Officer"

Current Employee - Staff RN
    Current Employee - Staff RN

I have been working at Ministry Health Care full-time

Pros

Makes one abreast of Healthcare Issues and ways to go about them.

Cons

poor promotion scheme and poor staff motivation

Advice to Management

The management should make employee motivation and satisfaction their priority