Minitab - Awesome culture - no one wants to leave | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Minitab

"Awesome culture - no one wants to leave"

Pros

The culture is very open and employees are very empowered; excellent benefits including generous time off, a great work/life balance, and unbelievable facilities; the company has great integrity and genuinely cares about customers

Cons

Being a smaller company, opportunities for advancement are limited and other than a few telecommuters, US-based employees must work at the headquarters

Other Employee Reviews for Minitab

"Great company , so glad I was hired!"

I have been working at Minitab full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Solid caring company with integrity and transparency. Great approachable C-Level team, felt immediately at home with them and able to share my ideas . I am happy with the transparency around the company direction and our expansions, which all made sense in such a competitive global arena. I was also amazed at the respect Senior management have for staff, above and beyond stuff you rarely see these days - Decent competitive pay, fantastic paid benefits , company wide profit based bonus , 401k etc on site wellness expert, swimming pool/gym and just a total understanding of a healthy work/life balance!

Cons

Some staff need to understand the current economic climate and the necessity of realignment for relevancy and continued revenue. If it were my company I'd be more ruthless, less pandering to cut loose the dead and negative weight, feel keeping folks as a courtesy has led to some bitterness you see on odd reviews on here. As someone with global experience with many major name media/tech and fintech corps I can honestly say this has been the most exciting and thoughtful company - I think there's a small bunch of staff that don't realize how good they have it! Really!

Advice to Management

Keep up the global agility to continue to keep the company relevant and keep revenue increasing. Realize many staff are invigorated and engaged by revenue goal strategies even if that meant another realignment! Keep supporting staff that show initiative and pace to go the mile, many of us are happy to be here for the long haul, some of us might need to learn along the way but I for one am eager to keep relevant and try as we move onward and upward even more.

"Company direction is like the Labyrinth in the front of the building- going in circles"

I have been working at Minitab full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The same thing that the previous reviews have stated.

Cons

The leadership is in way over their head. Only themselves to blame as they got rid of key people that had a lot of technical expertise. Many others with skills have left.

Advice to Management

You put a lot of effort into appearing that you know what you are doing but as time goes on and bad decisions keep following bad decisions you thrash this way and that to try to compensate. No one knows what direction the company is going.