Minnesota Office Technology Group - Competitive Cut Throat Industry With High Turnover Rates but Strong Company | Glassdoor
  1. "Competitive Cut Throat Industry With High Turnover Rates but Strong Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in

I have been working at Minnesota Office Technology Group full-time

Pros

People are Fantastic and Energetic; Industry offers rare chance for professionals to enter business to business sales without inside sales experience as often is required.

Cons

Cut throat industry which is saturated with competition in Minnesota. Unlimited opportunity is faced with reality of rare sales wins.

Minnesota Office Technology Group2012-08-27

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Highly Recommend!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

I have been working at Minnesota Office Technology Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people here are great! It is a small office, so it feels like one small family. Management works hard to make it a fun environment, by always having incentives and fun outings going on! You are given the tools you need to succeed.

Cons

This is very competitive industry, so you have to be highly motivated.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Minnesota Office Technology Group2018-12-06
  2. "Great Company for the Right Person"

Current Employee - Sales in Minnetonka, MN

I have been working at Minnesota Office Technology Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Income- This is one of the few 6 figure income jobs with little to no travel. It is very rare for an employee of 2-3 years to make under 100k. Variety- Personally this is Pro for me and why I love sales as a career. I get to interact with different people and different businesses everyday which keeps things interesting. You are not stuck behind a desk all day, if you want to run your book behind a desk or in the...

Cons

1st year- the first year here is really challenging. It takes a while to learn the business and build your book. You will be somewhat micro managed with activity until you are hitting your number but it will all payoff in the long run. After a year things will start to make sense and the sky is the limit. Entertaining/expenses- you are given a monthly allowance for expenses and customer entertainment but you will...

Advice to Management

Makes sales incentives on performance vs. activity. Sprinkle in a little a for new reps to earn something but the top performer should always be paid the most on incentives. Team Building- We need to do some type of event with our service team at least once or twice a year. They are our backbone and are the reason our clients will stay with us at the end of a contract, lets keep that relationship close.

Minnesota Office Technology Group2019-04-22

Discover more reviews about Minnesota Office Technology Group.