Minnesota School of Business - A tenuous place to work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Minnesota School of Business

"A tenuous place to work."

Current Employee - Teacher in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Teacher in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

To get experience; to learn about the private for profit education system; to meet new professionals in your field, possibly.

Cons

No progression; no stability; no benefits; no reasonable pay; no say in management; no future; no way to improve expertise formally with the company.

Advice to Management

Give progression, stability, benefits, reasonable pay, a say in management, a future, a way to improve expertise formally with the company.

Other Employee Reviews for Minnesota School of Business

"I love what I do"

I have been working at Minnesota School of Business full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get free tuition, my management team is great and I love doing what I do here in the education department.

Cons

The pay is not anywhere near the industry standards. I think if they paid people what they are worth people would stick around longer. I love who I work with and what I do, but to be honest, if I found something that paid better I would go. I love everything about this place but the pay.

Advice to Management

Stop investing in more colleges and more programs. Make the things that are already here better. You have a ton of great people working for you and because they are asking to get paid better and don't, they leave. Just think of how may great people you have lost becuase you were not willing to give them a decent raise and make their pay at the industry standard. There would be a lot less turnover if you would just give up some extra money and pay everyone better. You "care" about the students, but that about the employees? I know you can afford it.

2. "The We Care Philosophy is not just written on the walls, it is the heart of the organization."

I have been working at Minnesota School of Business full-time

Pros

Smart, talented people, caring atmosphere, great work/life balance, commitment to student success - always student first mentality, serving students, going to a job everyday that provides an opportunity to changes people's lives

Cons

The scrutiny and misguided bad media because of the for-profit status

Advice to Management

You can never communicate too much