Minnieland - My experience was mostly negative as they are more concerned with making money & reducing risk than quality education. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Minnieland

"My experience was mostly negative as they are more concerned with making money & reducing risk than quality education."

Former Employee - Assistant Director
Former Employee - Assistant Director

I worked at Minnieland full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are in a management position, there are decent benefits, especially if you have children and need reduced childcare expenses.

Cons

Their pay scale is pretty low (which is typical for childcare), but it's especially bad because there is a very low glass ceiling and the average employee will top out after 3-5 years. This lowers loyalty and increases staff turnover.

Advice to Management

Focus more on hiring quality teachers who would be willing to stay with your schools if you offered them a better chance to keep bettering themselves and getting better pay increases.

Other Employee Reviews for Minnieland

1. "Good place to work. It is what you make of it."

Current Employee - Lead Teacher
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher

Pros

As a lead teacher working for minnieland for the past four years i have had an overall great experience working here. I love how there is an in house professional development training crew here. They really make sure their employees are up to date with their required trainings. The management at my particular center is wonderful. I get what i need (most of the time) and I have freedom to teach as I see fit in my class. If i ask for help, i get it. They always have my back, company-wide. The families are wonderful as well. Minnieland is not a cookie cutter company so dont expect all centers to look or perform the same.

Cons

The downsides to working at Minnieland: its a for profit company. Bottom line...they need kids to make money, they need money to pay you. So dont expect to work from time A to time B everyday. If there are not alot of kids...you will go home. sometimes they do shift children to other classrooms in order to cut more people from their day. I dont think the nutritional menu is all that good. Ive seen better, but then again...its all about whats in the budget. Many substitutions without parents knowing. High turn over rate as well.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees a little better and stop being so cheap on the food.

2. "Great curriculum."

Former Employee - Teacher in Harrisonburg, VA
    Former Employee - Teacher in Harrisonburg, VA

I worked at Minnieland full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fabulous curriculum! Very educational atmosphere vs. just being a "daycare."

Cons

Low compensation for staff, which leads to under-qualified teachers.