Minute Clinic - Work Life | Glassdoor

"Work Life"

Pros

Minute Clinic flollows national standards of care. We work independently. The pay is pretty good for the area i live in. I like having a complete electronic health record.

Cons

Right now they are changing many things including trying to bring more primary care type things in for us to be able to see. Sometimes there isn't great communication fromt eh corporate office down to the providers in the office. What you know and hear depends on how much communication you have with your immediate supervisor.

Advice to Management

Corprate level management needs to figure out what its like actually seeing patients and working everyday at a clinic. many times they pass down things to us that make no sense or that are overwhelmingly difficult to get going at a local level.

Other Employee Reviews for Minute Clinic

1. "FNP"

Former Employee - FNP
    Former Employee - FNP

I worked at Minute Clinic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ability to work alone in a retail health clinic setting. Compensation and benefits are fair. Employer 401k match is 5%. Generous CME and DEA reimbursement. Part of an established, reputable company. Great job for new grads due to very strict structure.

Cons

Too many and too frequent changes. I had five managers in one year. High turnover due to minimum independent practice, weekend, holiday, and on-call requirements, and requiring providers to float to clinics not in their area. Primary focus seems to be number of patients seen per day and revenue over provider satisfaction.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the horrible turn-over rate. Apply strategies that will eliminate on-call requirements and floating providers to clinics not in their area.

2. "Good job for a married mom"

I have been working at Minute Clinic full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule
    Good computer system
    Guild line based
    No narcotics

Cons

Insurance sucks
    No MA
    Too much administrative work
    Work alone
    Stuck in a box all day
    No overtime

Advice to Management

Better health insurance