Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality - Great place to start your careeer. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality

"Great place to start your careeer."

Pros

Decent pay, very flexible hours, low stress work environment.

Cons

No real upward mobility. Pay raises cap after a few years.

Other Employee Reviews for Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality

1. "Just okay"

Current Employee - Environmental Administrator in Madison, MS
    Current Employee - Environmental Administrator in Madison, MS

I have been working at Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love most of the people I work with and consider some my dearest friends.

Cons

But, it is a state office, so that entails doing anything and everything above and below your pay grade as well as unexpectedly being placed in a new position without say or raise.

2. "EIT"

Pros

The pension and benefits are decent. The people are very friendly and welcoming. The work is pretty easy and environment is laid back.

Cons

The pay is bottom rung, and there is not much room for advancement. The work days can be long and boring.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to train employees for a longer period of time and to be involved more in the work of the employees.