Mitchell 1 - Inside Sales a sales team in development | Glassdoor
  1. "Inside Sales a sales team in development"

Former Employee - Outbound Sales in San Diego, CA

I worked at Mitchell 1 full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people, a company you can take pride in being a part of. A lot of growth potential. Decent base pay with REAL commission potential.

Cons

Stagnant product, harder sell. A lot of conflicts with the different sales channels. The approach by the senior staff could use a little more finesse. The way things are managed could use some tweeking to actually promote growth.

Advice to Management

Think more about the attrition of the sales staff and why, instead of playing it as just a numbers game. Training needs to be a lot longer and a lot more thorough. Build more sales strategies. Train on the weaknesses of the product and how to overcome it instead of buffaloing the product on to new people as end-all/be-all. Look into sales coaching and re-think your KPIs.

Mitchell 12015-07-06

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Mitchell1 Editor"

Current Employee - Editor in Poway, CA

I have been working at Mitchell 1 full-time for less than a year

Pros

They have Great team and supervisors.

Cons

Have not yet came across any cons.

Mitchell 12019-03-08

"The real honest Inside Sales review"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Poway, CA

I have been working at Mitchell 1 full-time

Pros

Solid company 100+ years and nice coworkers. The initial training was great done by Robert.

Cons

Where to start, this company is very behind for being a software tech company. The company seems very complacent as they are the market leader, while competitors are greatly improving and innovating. This is cold calling with a twist. It is cold calling to the definition that they are not warm leads. The twist is that the leads get called every 2 weeks like clockwork. As soon as you introduce yourself and mention... Mitchell 1, you will get hung up on. The lead pool is getting smaller as many of the shops have caller ID and block our calls so the dialer just skips over. Management does not allow you to prospect on your own to find quality leads. Sales targets are unrealistic. There are 3 maybe 4 veteran reps also doing outbound calls, they continuously hit target. This is by design as they are handed lists with warm leads or specialty campaigns. This Is proven as everyday you receive a summary of the previous days call log. The 3-4 reps that hit target only do 30-40 outbound calls none from the dialer and average 2-3 hours talk time. The rest of outbound take 200-300 dialer calls a day and only connect to 50-60% of them. Commission is a 3 month rolling average and helps if you are above target but hurts if you are below. There are also charge backs which can be from numerous reasons. After 2 months of successful payments the company should be held liable for keeping the customers and maintaining their satisfaction. Management seems to be in a fantasy world and do not have a realistic view. The company has not hit it’s sales target as a whole each quarter this year. Sales reps are jumping ship like crazy, went from a sales team of almost 50, now down to a team of 28. A lot has to do with a particular SD who is very condescending and defensive.

Advice to Management

Invest in getting new leads. Allow employees to give input anonymously on ways to help improve the sales process. Allow reps to prospect maybe 1 hour a day to find quality leads. The 3-4 veteran reps should be held to a higher target as they have better leads. Restructure commission so you earn based off monthly sales not rolling 3 month average. Increase the $16 base to be more competitive with the thriving San... Diego sales market.

Mitchell 12019-08-13

Mitchell 1 Response

August 16, 2019Sr Recruiter

First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Suggestions and input from our associates is our most valuable tool when prioritizing our goals. We are happy to hear that you have found your coworkers to be nice, and that you enjoyed your initial training with Robert. We agree that he is an asset and place a high importance on our initial training. I would like to touch on the feedback you provided regarding leads and campaigns. We currently do get the general automotive aftermarket lists, along with the truck aftermarket, from several sources. We also purchase new business lists that arrive daily and are cycled into the campaign. We will continue to place emphasis on exploring new lead sources, and new markets we can reach out to help with their repair solutions. As a note, regarding our specialized leads, we typically do at least 4 specialized campaigns with varying reps on each campaign. Our top performing reps typically have a large pipeline as they have been with the company for several years and have built up their customer base. We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with a member of our leadership team, I can assure you that we take all feedback seriously and view all dissatisfactions as areas for improvement. Our intention is to make Mitchell 1 the best place you have ever worked, and I would encourage you to speak to any member of the leadership team if you are having any issues. In regards to anonymous feedback, we do have an anonymous survey via SurveyMonkey which we use as a digital suggestion box. I appreciate your input regarding this, and I will work on making this more visible to our associates! Please feel free to submit your feedback there or to reach out to me directly at 888-724-6742 or dana.gulino@mitchell1.com to work on any of the issues you may be having. We are happy to work with you and welcome any suggestions you may have. Thank you for being part of our Mitchell 1 Inside Sales team, and for taking the time to provide your feedback. Thank you!

Discover more reviews about Mitchell 1.