Mitchell International - Run Away If You Are Thinking About Working Here! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Mitchell International

"Run Away If You Are Thinking About Working Here!"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Mitchell International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Close to where I live.

Cons

This is THE most DYSFUNCTIONAL company I have ever worked at in my career! Most of the management is more of a hindrance to projects instead of helping them. Only out for themselves. How can any company properly produce software when only the management get bonuses for releasing features, not quality? Working the people underneath them to death. Even making them work long hours and weekends while they are unwilling to.

I have to hand it to the sales team (non I ever meet while I was there) for the ability to sell the worse products I have ever seen. Even heard this directly from customers.

Favoritism runs big including mangers from India hiring friends and laying off current employees to make room for more. Even going so far as bringing over pregnant women from India so they can have their babies in America!

Mitchell has a very bad reputation as a software development company to work at in San Diego and that reputation only gets worse. The work area is horrible, benefits get worse and worse and pay raises are pretty much non-existent. The HR department makes it harder and harder to do your job, I guess to justify their existence.

Advice to Management

Get a clue. None of the senior management have any idea how to properly run a software company! Alex Sun has no idea what is really going on in his company. I don't think the entire time I worked there he even came into our area to see the looks on our faces.

Other Employee Reviews for Mitchell International

"Joke for a software company"

I worked at Mitchell International full-time

Pros

Some good HR and marketing initiatives- though not all effective.

Cons

Most managers are incompetent, they play petty politics to maintain their status quo. Most of the intiatives are failure as they don't give proper due diligence neither they listen to their bottom up employees for feedback. There is absolutely no transparency in work culture. No open source culture, it is just powered by microsoft technologies and other adhoc obselete tools.

Advice to Management

Learn to create a culture for a software company.

"Good people, ok benefits, management only cares about bottom line not employees"

Former Employee - Software QA Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Software QA Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Mitchell International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to start an learn industry standards and norms etc.
    People are usually very nice and professional

Cons

Very little room for growth, since management doesn't care about employees, you may find yourself in an unfavorable environment among colleagues... Also there is mo such thing as a good raise.
    I worked here for 6 years and was soooooo the best move ever

Advice to Management

A true manager takes care of their people not just the
    Project