Mitratech - Great foot in the door opportunity, but delivers true value | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Mitratech

"Great foot in the door opportunity, but delivers true value"

Current Employee - Worker in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Worker in Austin, TX

I have been working at Mitratech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Many opportunities to those seeking to break into the software development, support, management, etc industry.
Values aptitude over experience and offers training and mentoring to cover the gaps. I have seen some new hires (as well as many old) of senior and managerial be let go despite industrial experience - where it wasn't compatible with Mitratech's expectations of quality.
However, much experience in development and support is on the job - again an excellent opportunity to prove onesself.
Changed focus to development from services - deficiencies are being addressed proactively instead of reactively as per old Modus Operandi.
Chain of command is highly respected. No dealing with more than a single boss or two.
Strong initial PTO and fairly laid-back and friendly environment.
I have seen people moved from one position to another they are more suited for and have a desire to work in. Several interns being made full-time or promoted. Strong upward mobility.

Cons

Reliance on swarth of overseas labor reduced: job is no longer a sinecure as per pre-Vista. Old Guard mentality eliminated after acquisition.
Still a slave to patchwork/reactionary development due to yet unstreamlined customizations nearsightedly cobbled during pre-Vista acquisition.
Obstructionists let go - sadly, so did knowledge of workarounds, patchworks, and the spaghetti logic of product.
Aggressive and at times unrealistic product release schedule.
I do worry about Mitratech being a stepping-stone to other Vista companies in some cases.
Compensation and bonus aren't very exciting and potentially below market - focus seems more on the opportunities for advancement.

Advice to Management

Continue respecting chain of command, this works well. Constructive criticisms should be given, but restrict complaints without solutions. Focus on interdepartmental synergy and how we can help each other - blame shifting must cease. Finally, aggressive cycles should be re-evaluated and focus placed on evaluating available resources: stretch us to but not beyond our limits.

Other Employee Reviews for Mitratech

"Don't let the few good reviews fool you."

Former Employee - Product Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Mitratech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-people are generally nice to work with, even though incompetent.
    - I was only there 6 months and no longer.

Cons

- management with little to no experience in running a company leads to knee-jerk decisions.
    - poor hiring practices. For example, hiring product managers that think because they've taken a Pragmatic Marketing course that they are now experts at creating valued products.
    - recent acquisition has sent things into a death spiral.
    - limited upward mobility

Advice to Management

Turn your jobs over to those that know how to run a startup.

"Poor management"

Former Employee - Software QA Engineer in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Software QA Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at Mitratech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are great, the work is usually laid back (until management makes poor decisions), and lots of company events and gatherings.

Cons

Some of upper management have very poor management skills and have sent the company into a downward spiral.

Advice to Management

... I don't even know how I could give advice to management; their management skills are nearly the exact opposite of how I would manage a company. Work on personal relations maybe? If you do not know your workers, I would say that's not doing a good job.