MobilityWare - Absolutely Amazing! | Glassdoor

"Absolutely Amazing!"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Irvine, CA
Current Employee - Human Resources in Irvine, CA

I have been working at MobilityWare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Perks, benefits, culture! Such a great company to work for.

Cons

Thankfully, I don't see any flaws in this company or its leadership.

Other Employee Reviews for MobilityWare

1. "Good people, well meaning, top down, reactionary"

I have been working at MobilityWare full-time

Pros

- The company has a heart. Two hearts actually, John & Dave. They are humble, strategic and genuinely have good intentions. This is felt by the entire staff and I hope they continue to be a part of the day to day company leadership.
    - The company is in it for longevity. I've never had a conversation, or got a sense, they're looking for an exit. This is heartening for the staff as you know they're willing to invest in you.
    - There's a family feeling. The company feels like a closer unit than just a group of coworkers, and as a result the employees frame things as 'we' instead of 'the company'.

Cons

- Leadership is often seen to not be demonstrating the espoused company values. Providing transparency at All Hands isn't helpful when the general feeling from the staff is that we're getting a watered down version of what's actually going on. For instance, there was no engineering representation in the studio restructuring discussions. There wasn't a single engineering leader on the core restructuring team, so engineering had no visibility into why/how decisions were being made. In fact, we still don't have it.
    - I think the general feeling among the mid level staff is that the company needs some C-Level help. The specific recommendation that's bounced around is a permanent COO to help resolve disputes among senior staff and streamline the E2E processes of the company.
    - Getting serious about data. To say we are a data driven company has been perceived, to date, as lip service as we haven't seen an actual data vision or strategy emerge from the company. The leadership and ownership of data has been muddy and the team is looking for next level infrastructure and a clear road map.
    - Executive interference can sometimes demoralize the team. More specifically, the CEO will often step in and lower the bonus reward of mid to lower level employees based on lunchroom perceptions. Despite having little to no interaction with these individuals their end of year take home pay can get dramatically affected based on the few interactions they have had with the company CEO. This disheartens the managerial staff and the perception is that it is unfair to the employees.

Advice to Management

Don't act in a reactionary way, you don't need to refactor the studio every 3 months. Let product owners manage their people.

MobilityWare Response

Jul 10, 2017 – Sr. HR Admin

We really appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts. We take feedback very seriously here, and use it every day to continue to support the amazing culture that is MobilityWare.
    We would... More

2. "Great place to work"

Pros

MobilityWare's culture is unbelievably. Never have I worked in a location where the owners of the company would sit down with you and talk about topics outside of work. The staff is incredible and upper management is fantastic!!!

Loved the work that I did at MobilityWare and do miss the people, culture and my boss very much!!!

Cons

None that I have seen!!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!!!