MobilityWare - Something Special and Unexpected | Glassdoor

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Something Special and Unexpected"

Current Employee - Producer in Irvine, CA
Current Employee - Producer in Irvine, CA

I have been working at MobilityWare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I joined MobilityWare approximately two years ago based on a recommendation from a previous coworker. I hesitantly applied as I knew very little about the company and was not experienced in mobile gaming, my expertise was in AAA console games and PC MMOs.

I was nervous at first, but the employees around me were extremely welcoming and spent time getting to know me and help educate me on the differences with what I had been doing before and what I was doing now. As time went on my work ethic and ability was quickly recognized and in the course of the past two years I've been promoted twice. I've never had that at another company and it's been amazing to work with such talented and interesting people.

The culture in the studio is great, there's lots of small groups that meet up after work for various reasons including D&D, an after work-shader club, and board game nights of various types. Employees just need to check the directory in Slack and join the channels that interest them. These activities are even more accessible as the company prefers employees are not crunching or putting in overtime, so you have a nice work/life balance.

The company also offers a solid benefits package, and on-site benefits like free provided snacks, sodas, coffee, anniversary trips, and catered lunches on every friday!

Cons

It's hard to find real cons with the company. I've been places where we didn't get paid, worked crazy overtime, all sorts of issues and I don't see any of those here. There were some temporary growing pains as the company increased in size quite a bit over the past few years, but overall the vast majority of the hires have been fantastic people who find their groove and work hard.

Management even goes out of their way to try and address concerns from employees during all hands meetings, taking questions on the spot and working to take action on concerns, even seemingly small things like requesting windows on our doors so we don't collide when rushing in and out, or using more ecologically friendly dishwares like recyclable coffee cups.

Advice to Management

Please continue to listen to employees, you've been building something great here and I expect it will continue as the years go on. I never knew I'd like this job so much but I have grown very attached to it and my team, and I have management to thank for the opportunities to grow in my career.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"TERRIBLE place to work and left me emotionally scarred for life!"

Former Employee - QA Analyst in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - QA Analyst in Irvine, CA

I worked at MobilityWare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have a reasonable benefits package.

A place to hide and collect a paycheck for a while.

Cons

Company depends on success from one or two clients.
    Nepotism and cronyism in the upper management. Very 1950's attitudes.
    Leadership lacks direction, and ability to lead or innovate.
    Company culture is very poor or perhaps "poisonous", so employees and middle management are ignored, not allowed to contribute to helping the company succeed (just given marching orders).
    Leaders appear to make business decisions based on emotional and personal (non business related) reasons.
    Upper management continues to get bonuses even as profits decline fast.

MobilityWare Response

Mar 9, 2018 – COO

We understand that you did not have a positive experience during your tenure with us and we are sorry that was the feeling you walked away with. We appreciate your feedback and acknowledge that you... More

2. "Amazing overall company"

I have been working at MobilityWare full-time

Pros

- Awesome workplace with really cool coworkers
    - Ability to produce great work
    - Evergreen games that will always keep the lights on

Cons

- Complacency among the workforce
    - Questionable morals
    - Questionable long term direction
    - Efficiencies

Advice to Management

Look to hire more technically sound candidates for roles outside engineering/production.

Discover more reviews about MobilityWare.