Mocana - Wickedly smart, hardworking fun people | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Mocana

"Wickedly smart, hardworking fun people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Mocana full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Collectively - some of the smartest engineers I have worked with. Really nice office. Free lunch on Thursdays. Flexible schedules. Very exciting bleeding edge technology. A very supportive culture. Great career opportunities - lots of promotions from within the org.

Cons

As a previous poster has pointed out (repeatedly) the company has changed direction a few times in recent years, which can be frustrating and disruptive for long time employees. However, new leadership has articulated a clear product strategy for an end to end mobile application protection solution which is getting significant industry support - so the turbulence of the past is unlikely to be repeated

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent on company strategy

Other Employee Reviews for Mocana

"Ain't Goin' Nowhere"

Current Employee - Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Mocana full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

All these other reviews are 100% true except for the ones that rate Senior Leadership more than two stars. Those reviews are obviously fake and written by current management. Unlike other startups, our problem is relatively simple - current management. If we fix this problem, our business will get better quickly.

Cons

I do not repeat what others said about the cons. Too many lies, too much politics and confusion for a small company like us. No one likes current management, and they have to go.

Advice to Management

Be transparent. Admit your incapability, and accept responisibilty for your mistakes. Find someones to replace current management.

"Could be good..."

Former Employee - Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Mocana full-time

Pros

Smart people, decent pay and benefits, good location, industry is growing rapidly, no weekends or crazy hours, recent round of venture capital.

Cons

Management gets in the way of getting product out the door. Lots of conflict between teams and departments. CEO keeps saying company is doing great even when there are layoffs and poor sales and thinks a game of ping pong is company culture.

Advice to Management

Stop getting in the way of the potential of the company.