Modern Woodmen - Endless opportunities but make no money | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Modern Woodmen

"Endless opportunities but make no money"

I worked at Modern Woodmen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Long history...fraternal benefits...cares about the elderly

Cons

Straight commission, never any fresh leads, cold calling, lack of leadership from managing partner and regional director. Upper management uses and abuses "young" talent.

Advice to Management

Update the company structure and get some marketing. No one knows who Modern Woodmen is.

Other Employee Reviews for Modern Woodmen

"After one year with Modern Woodmen, I find it an outstanding company to work for."

Current Employee - Registered Representative in Pittsburg, CA
    Current Employee - Registered Representative in Pittsburg, CA

I have been working at Modern Woodmen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The focus of Modern Woodmen is to help its members. Other financial firms are many times only concerned with selling. The clear message in everything about Modern Woodmen from the top down is this. The more you help people (by working hard, being honest and treating everyone with dignity and respect) the more you will get in return. The fraternal side of MWA is a huge asset to both it's sales force and it's customers. If you're not familiar with the "fraternal" aspect of Modern Woodmen, do some research. I've found the right place to work.

Cons

As is the job of selling financial intangibles, you have to work hard and put in the hours. There is a lot to learn and you must do it on the run. As for cons, relative to any other financial service job or company, none come to mind.

Advice to Management

Management is open to conversation and quick and willing to give help and advice. My only comment would be to keep it up. Their dedication to keeping MWA members (and me) happy is a wonderful thing.

2. "Financial representative"

Current Employee - Financial Representative in Carmel, IN
    Current Employee - Financial Representative in Carmel, IN

I have been working at Modern Woodmen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get paid based on how hard you work. Benefits are out of this World. I have a pension and they pay for all of my health insurance. I get to give the companies money to the communty as a way to advertise myself. Unbeatable products.

Cons

You get paid for how hard you work. nowhere to hide. takes someone who really wants to be successful, not just do “ok”