Modern Woodmen - Modern Woodmen is a solid employer with good benefits and a strong training program | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Modern Woodmen

"Modern Woodmen is a solid employer with good benefits and a strong training program"

Former Employee - Financial Representative in Irvine, CA
Former Employee - Financial Representative in Irvine, CA

I worked at Modern Woodmen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the highest ratings for a financial services company.

Cons

Old workforce drives up the cost of health benefits.

Other Employee Reviews for Modern Woodmen

"Run fast!!!"

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Modern Woodmen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The interview process was great! They made it seem like it the best place to work for.

Cons

Getting your own leads. No training from management. When you bring in a policy watch out, the managers will try to rob you!!!

Advice to Management

Don't hire shady managers & if you advertise to do something, do it. Don't waste anyone's time, it makes you look weak!

"After one year with Modern Woodmen, I find it an outstanding company to work for."

Current Employee - Registered Representative in Pittsburg, CA
    Current Employee - Registered Representative in Pittsburg, CA

I have been working at Modern Woodmen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The focus of Modern Woodmen is to help its members. Other financial firms are many times only concerned with selling. The clear message in everything about Modern Woodmen from the top down is this. The more you help people (by working hard, being honest and treating everyone with dignity and respect) the more you will get in return. The fraternal side of MWA is a huge asset to both it's sales force and it's customers. If you're not familiar with the "fraternal" aspect of Modern Woodmen, do some research. I've found the right place to work.

Cons

As is the job of selling financial intangibles, you have to work hard and put in the hours. There is a lot to learn and you must do it on the run. As for cons, relative to any other financial service job or company, none come to mind.

Advice to Management

Management is open to conversation and quick and willing to give help and advice. My only comment would be to keep it up. Their dedication to keeping MWA members (and me) happy is a wonderful thing.