Moderna Therapeutics - Not sure who wrote these negative reviews. I've had nothing but great experiences. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Moderna Therapeutics

"Not sure who wrote these negative reviews. I've had nothing but great experiences."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Moderna Therapeutics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The thing about Moderna is you have to be exceptional at your job. Plain and simple. The ethos of the company is to hire only the best, and it shows. The people from CEO, to finance, to scientists, to facility management are all fantastic, and they expect you to be fantastic, too. If you're not, you'll feel the pressure to excel. This is handled either by meeting the expectations of the organization or leaving. Welcome to biotech in the 2010's, things are competitive.

Cons

All the usual things you'd find at a company experiencing hyper growth. Since things move so fast, sometimes it's hard to see the bigger picture. It's a lot like building an airplane mid-flight.

Advice to Management

Mis-steps by upper management should be admitted to the company by email and include an explanation of why the wrong decision was made. Accountability must scale, or faith in the top will crumble.

Other Employee Reviews for Moderna Therapeutics

"After Reading Last Two Reviews, I decided to write"

Former Employee - Director of Chemistry in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Director of Chemistry in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Moderna Therapeutics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

After reading the last two reviews, I decided to write. I am highly skeptical of the last two current reviews, where current two employee praised the management and the company. The two review praise is contradictory to what others have written. I joined Moderna at it infancy when it was a 4 employees company and operating from a two room office-cum-laboratories. I was the first Director of Chemistry. I helped Moderna setup their chemistry department, negotiate to acquire lab assets from my previous employer. Hire staff and filed first two Chemistry Patents applications. Honestly speaking, I had never experienced such an abusive, manipulative and arrogant CEO and the-then-CSO at any company in my entire life. The behavior from management was to blame every thing on others. Change projects on a fly, then fire some associates for failure if results to their like were not produced over night. Random firing of associates was a common practice. I am speaking facts here. I am not sure Glassdoor will publish it.

Cons

I had none for this company.

Advice to Management

Replace the management. However, I do have advice to candidates who are looking for job. If you want to experience frustration, and affect your career for getting fired for reasons you will never figure out, then do apply, otherwise please....

"No hope for Moderna"

I have been working at Moderna Therapeutics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free lunch, nice location, nice benefits

Cons

There are no good upper level scientists. Small company but everything is not transparent (scientifically), no company meeting to show any scientific data, maybe nobody knows what they are doing or there is no good data to show?!. Moderna is just a business firm, not a Biotech company.Hope something can come out from $500 million dollars.

Advice to Management

Please hire some smart and intelligent scientists