Modular Arts - run. | Glassdoor

"run."

Pros

Well, the workstations are cool. The product is cool. The interior of the billing/administrative/product development building is nice. I can't think of anything else, no joke. My co-workers were nice, talented people.

Cons

By far, the most toxic work environment in which I have ever had the misfortune to work. Management provides the most ineffective management in my experience, to date. They foster an environment of fear and inadequacy, and don't seem to believe in showing their employees very much respect or consideration, or indeed, any at all. Of all the people I worked with there, I am not aware of any who enjoyed working for ModularArts. Additionally, management brings a completely unprofessional dynamic to the work environment because of personal involvement, having what I can only describe as spats in front of staff. The entire office walks on eggshells to avoid incurring their wrath. If they could, I believe they would replace their employees with androids - they treat them as automatons and are offended and incredulous if their employees voice anything they perceive as dissent. The overarching philosophy there is that if people don't like the way things are done, they can leave. While this is certainly true, it provides zero incentive for people with any regard for themselves to stay. Expect to be belittled, humiliated, and undervalued at this company.

Advice to Management

Hire people with management experience. Hire a management consultant. Stop managing your employees, because it seems you are incapable of doing so effectively.

Other Employee Reviews for Modular Arts

1. "Excellent opportunity to learn and push limits with a very progressive and competent company."

Current Employee - Designer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Designer in Seattle, WA

Pros

Autonomy. They create an environment where you are just expected to pretty much manage yourself, which I suppose is great for some and not others. But they do expect a pretty high degree of competence. Always there to answer questions or clarify things.

Cons

You won't be spoon fed there. Management is somewhat loose and they just want people that are good, without a lot of hand holding.

2. "The company atmosphere is chaotic while management is incompetent."

Former Employee - Robotic Machine Operator in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Robotic Machine Operator in Seattle, WA

Pros

One of the best reasons to work for this company is the overtime, if you like to work more than 40 hours. Another reason is the product is revolutionary and has exciting potential into the future.

Cons

Training for the position is poor and was a problem then I was blamed and ridiculed. Management is egotistical and belligerent.

Advice to Management

Take some leadership training and treat the workers with respect and you will get the same in return.