Mohawk Industries - Good for me, but I can see where it isn't so good for others. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Mohawk Industries

"Good for me, but I can see where it isn't so good for others."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dalton, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dalton, GA

Pros

A large organization with a number of opportunities for growth. There are some very capable managers with a good vision for where the organization needs to go to be better.

Cons

There are still a number of silos within Mohawk, which tremendously hinder the cross pollination of experience and knowledge between departments. There is effort to change this but not everyone is onboard with it yet. The company has an aging work force, which is promising for young professionals entering the organization and looking to rise; however, it results in a strong level of resistance to change and new ideas.

Advice to Management

Continue to push for the utilization of solid metrics to improve processes throughout the organization. There also should be more crossover of experience between divisions rather than waiting until people reach the higher levels of the organization before exposing them to the way other departments function.

Other Employee Reviews for Mohawk Industries

"sweatshop, long hours, if you don't work 50+ hours per week, they think you aren't working."

Former Employee - Corporate, White Collar in Calhoun, GA
    Former Employee - Corporate, White Collar in Calhoun, GA

Pros

I thought the company would provide a good place to work, was I wrong.

Cons

for the group I worked in, management knew nothing about the jobs they supervised. their style of management is like a prison. they don't really want ways of improving things. white collar employees, are treated like blue collar employees.

Advice to Management

I'd say start over with new managers in most white collar groups. promoting someone from the production line into a Finance Manager role, usually don't work. there is something called education that needs to be in place for that to work.

"Ok place to work , but things need to change if the company wants to be around in 15 years."

Current Employee - Fixer in Chatsworth, GA
    Current Employee - Fixer in Chatsworth, GA

Pros

The pay is good for the area and benefits are ok. The commitment of the employees to one and the other is pretty high as well.

Cons

Where to start. The condition of the equipment and machinery is very poor. The training of new employee's is inadequate. The upper management communication is non existent, in fact the only time you hear from them is when they are unhappy about something. The thing i hate the most is that most everyone just doesn't have any pride in the work they do anymore.

Advice to Management

Ask your hourly workers what is needed to make it a good place to work, and a product to be proud of.