Mohawk Industries - If you are a minority don't bother | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Mohawk Industries

"If you are a minority don't bother"

Former Employee - Analyst in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Mohawk Industries full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility with work life balance

Cons

Health Insureance, not that great. There is absolutely not diversity. No people of color in management except the CIO who they just hired recently. Few women in management.

Advice to Management

Diversity is a good thing. Train your managers to hire a good mix of qualified people from minority groups.

Other Employee Reviews for Mohawk Industries

"Have worked for better companies"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Mohawk Industries full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Can't think of any pros, but some upper management does care about their employees

Cons

Current management without higher education promotes non degreed employees over degreeded employees.

"Be carful when looking here for a career...things you must know first."

Former Employee - Sales, Sales Manager in Bolingbrook, IL
    Former Employee - Sales, Sales Manager in Bolingbrook, IL

I worked at Mohawk Industries full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Big company...largest in Industry...stock seems to do well. I learned very much here, but could be even better...

Cons

Its all about who you kiss up to. Many narcissistic management who will cut you out quickly even if you have been there for a while. Even customers can read through the fake management.
    It's funny that the motivating and truly positive managers get cut out in fear that they may shine above the others who have different ways of managing (narcissistic management). The CEO (owner) Jeff has surrounded himself with these types of managers. Many have busted their butt's for this company making a difference, but then you get fired, because you forgot to invite someone to golf on the company dime. I know many of those managers who behind the scenes of work are pretty normal, but just to put on a show for other fellow managers when in the office in fear of not fitting in and losing their jobs. Many good people have lost their jobs with this company because of this so be aware. Again, you will not move up if you said something that some manager was not happy with, but agreed with you at the time. The TM's who I now deal with as my current vendors will rag on their current managers every time I see them. It's too bad...this company has pushed me to work for myself, because I know what it takes to make things work right after working there...thanks for that

Advice to Management

Get off your high horse and believe in your teams. Don't be so fake because people can read through it, but I guess you just follow the leader that Jeff has surrounding himself with. People buy from people they TRUST and LIKE. I guess you will always have to look over your back because your always afraid of losing your job...The customer is most of the time right...remember? I have had Mohawk manager yell at me on the phone and even hang up on me...I guess that's alright?