Mohawk Industries - Mohawk Industries | Glassdoor

"Mohawk Industries"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Flower Mound, TX
Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Flower Mound, TX

I have been working at Mohawk Industries full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Competitive compensation/benefits, sustainability; good mix of product availability to fit every market

Cons

Confusing communication with corporate offices regarding policies/procedures; some departments have unsatisfactory follow up

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Some concerns or ideas are valid and will be bring positive change to the department.

Other Employee Reviews for Mohawk Industries

"Most unprofessional HR Staff ever"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dalton, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dalton, GA

I have been working at Mohawk Industries full-time (More than a year)

Pros

After 2 years with the company, I can't find any. I know quite a few people ACTIVELY looking for other jobs, including myself.

Cons

The HR staff are the most unprofessional I've ever come across, they don't bother to return calls or emails when you are trying to find out information from them. When they know the information you are looking for is not their responsibility, they are quick to give you someone else's name in HR, who of course would never get back to you. They talk about retention but when you approach them about looking into other areas within the company, they don't want to talk to you. They would rather hire from outside than give internal candidates a chance to interview for internal job postings!

Advice to Management

This is 2013, you should allow your employees the flexibility of working from home especially when you gave them laptops! You expect your employees to do their best and keep up with current trends when you refuse to invest in their education and getting necessary certifications? You need to start paying attention to your HR staff, they are a major reason why you keep losing good employees, mandate them to at least talk to internal candidates who apply for jobs instead of just ignoring their application.

"Operator"

Current Employee - Operator in Glasgow, VA
    Current Employee - Operator in Glasgow, VA

I have been working at Mohawk Industries full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ok pay for the area

Cons

Took the job last year because the benifits was good . Left a good paying job cause the insurance got to expensive . Doing my interview hr showed me the benifit package. Way cheaper than other job . So I could afford to take a cut in pay . Now 5 months down the road they give us the worst insurance I have ever seen . I have a family that needed good benefits as my husband and sons medication is over 3000 month without a prescription card . Now this insurance wont cover my families heath issues. How can a company live with themselves for doing this to there employees . Shame on mohawk . Im am job searching now in order to provide good insurance for them . We are a middle class family trying to get by . Unable to receive goverment help . Thanks for ruining my life m

Advice to Management

Take a look at the inpact you are putting your employees through ,do to being cheap . Keep hiring the non citizens and watch your company fall . Which I prey it does . How can upper management sleep at night ??? I know I cant cause iam wonder month to month how to pay for my families medication and calling the doctors to cancell appointment because who can meet a 3200 deductible . May god have mercy on you.