Molex - Good place to work | Glassdoor

"Good place to work"

Current Intern - Mechanical Design Engineer in Lincoln, NE
Current Intern - Mechanical Design Engineer in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Molex as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

It is a fun place to work. I genuinely get along with all my coworkers which I could never say about any other job I have had.

Cons

Benefits could be better but could be worse.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to have full reimbursement for tuition.

Other Employee Reviews for Molex

"Molex Senior Management"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Molex full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Overall, Molex's senior management is a group of amiable men. Why most of them have British, Irish type accents is somewhat of a curiosity. It's almost as if Molex is governed by foreign interests. They appear competent, but it is always a glaring question if they are really worth the compensation packages that are currently in place.

Cons

Molex Senior Management displays numerous foibles. One of the most prominent is the wasteful allocation of monetary resources. Recently, Molex executive management instituted a training regimen called S.P.I.N. Sales training. Spin training is produced and administered by Huthwaite, Inc. The SPIN training provides sales performance improvement through a specific methodology. Unfortunately the methodology is appropriate to large ticket, complex system sales such as in high end software sales. As a tool used in connector, or component sales, SPIN is largely overkill and therefore not practically useful in Molex’s major marketplace. The overarching problem is simply the negative monetary impact that contracting Huthwaite had on Molex’ bottom line. The program is quite elaborate and I estimate the cost to have been around $1Mil and that is an enormous amount to spend that is not very practical to Molex’s specific market. What actually occurred was that Huthwaite cleverly employed their own SPIN program in convincing Molex’s top management to buy into the program. Of course no one involved would ever admit to such an error due to embarrassment and pride, but it was a wasteful error nonetheless. There are many more examples of comparable gross waste at high levels, but as usual, the old naked king syndrome is well entrenched.

"Not enough career development opportunities for employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Pros

Flexible work schedules, great benefits

Cons

Not enough development opportunities for existing employees

Advice to Management

Lots of great talent within consider developing them before they leave