Molina Healthcare - Company through the eyes of the RECRUITER | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Molina Healthcare

"Company through the eyes of the RECRUITER"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Long Beach, CA
Current Employee - Recruiter in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Nice people but that doesn't get the work done. Company philosophy is nice but untrue.

Cons

Promotions based on NATIONALITY/FRIEND OF MOLINA FAMILY not experience. CLUELESS about industry, competitors, how to get from A to Z.

Advice to Management

THE BONUS AND MERITS NEVER EQUALS WHAT HAS BEEN PROMISED except for the Molina Family & Friends.

Use this company as a stepping stone to move on to bigger and better things like Aetna, United Health, Anthem.

Other Employee Reviews for Molina Healthcare

"Hot Imploding Mess I Wouldn't Recommend It To My Worst Enemy"

Current Employee - Clinical Case Manager in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Clinical Case Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Paid Time Off, Jeans Day twice a year, Free Cookies twice a year with good behavior.

Cons

How do I count the ways..... When the current CEO took the helm of Molina Healthcare of Ohio about 2 years ago many co-workers said the CEO will sink this ship like the Titanic. Well true to word this once promising company is sinking quick and all of the good employees have found life rafts and some of us are left to our demise. Many incompetent directors and managers were hired because the current CEO is a micro manager that can't see the trees because of the forest. She hired a Marketing Director was forced to resign from her two former companies that are located less than a mile down the road. Have we heard of a background check people? This director has wrecked havoc on her department and 5 people have left in less than a years time and only one to my knowledge left to go to a competitor and took a pay cut to do so. HR was contacted many times about the problems in the department and they didn't do a thing except tell people that this "director" was following orders from the CEO to "clean house" and "save money". The Provider Relations Director has no back bone and is so whiny and indecisive and has a merry band of idiots underneath him. The manager of the department was only a claims payer at her former employer but convinced "management" that she was this great and all knowing expert. No formal education but wait this gets better. The supervisor was only an administrative assistant when I started but kissed up enough to go the Marketing Department and then as a Provider Services Rep and frequently told others that if upper management only knew that she doesn't do half the work that she says she does she would be fired. But she was then "chosen" to go to MHO's pseudo management training. The supervisor's job description was changed so that she could meet the minimum requirements. In Case Management we were told that if we went to HR to complain we would be terminated immediately. Can we say work place harassment? Our Chief Medical Officer couldn't take the CEO anymore and left to go to a competitor. Some people who have left weren't permitted to have an exit interview or even contacted by HR after they gave their manager a resignation notice.

Advice to Management

Get your head out of the sand before the place totally implodes....Incompetent Management is causing good people to leave. Quit promoting employees who have limited experience and education because they kiss up and applaud your half baked ideas.
    To the CEO of MHO if you are trying to make this company go belly up you are doing great!!! Nice picture of you on the cover of a local magazine decked out in all of your diamonds I thought you were about helping the underserved. MHO will be getting a class action law suit one day and you will wonder why.

2. "Good."

Former Contractor - Project Manager in Long Beach, CA
    Former Contractor - Project Manager in Long Beach, CA

I worked at Molina Healthcare as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Smaller organization so getting work done is easier.
    Flexible hours and people.

Cons

Less experienced people due to fast growth and people moving up fast.

Advice to Management

Some management training would be helpful. Also good idea to spend some time/money to bring technical resources up-to-speed.