Molina Healthcare - I am hoping I will like the company better if/when I can be promoted out of the call center. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Molina Healthcare

"I am hoping I will like the company better if/when I can be promoted out of the call center."

Current Employee - Member Services Representative in Bothell, WA
Current Employee - Member Services Representative in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Low cost personal health insurance. The history of how the company came to be. The Molina family. I was impressed with their ideals when visiting the corporate office.

Cons

Performance being graded solely on numerous stats/matrix. If you don't meet their extremely high goals they are very quick to write you up. Being monitored every minute of every day. Constant reminders. Half hour lunches. Not enough time to go out for lunch. Very rigid schedules. Difficult to develop comrodery with co workers because all breaks and lunches are scheduled for you each day. No time to blow off steam after a crappy phone call, the next one comes whether you are ready for it or not. And there are many crappy phone calls when you are administering Medicaid. Very stressful job with low pay and perfection being expected of you every minute.

Advice to Management

Stop treating call center employees like they are children. Trust your employees more and treat them like the intelligent adults they are. I understand phone coverage is priority in a call center. However, the entire staff is not going to just get up and take their lunch and breaks at the same time. The schedule could at least be to take lunch during a particular hour but not down to the exact minute. Recognize an employee's worth based on experience and pay them a living wage. Recognize that some of your requirements just don't make sense. Required statements/scripts during phone calls that do not follow the natural flow of conversation.

Other Employee Reviews for Molina Healthcare

"The BEST Company I have ever worked for"

Current Employee - Provider Research & Resolution Representative II in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Provider Research & Resolution Representative II in Troy, MI

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Molina is truly a family oriented company, and they make each employee feel special. I have great a great benefit package and compensation.

Cons

No work at home opportunities in my department

Advice to Management

Management is great and very flexible. I am not just saying these things because I have worked at two other Insurance companies, and I have NEVER enjoyed my employment like I do here at Molina.

"Molina Medicaid is Resistant to Change"

Current Employee - Manager IT
    Current Employee - Manager IT

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Molina Healthcare culture from the California parent company is great - the company values its employees and goes out of its way to make people a part of the team and focus on Molina's customers.

Cons

The state Medicaid group is stuck in the past and refuses to change. New ideas are ignored and new employees are regarded as not understanding "how we do things." Transparency across the Medicaid group is non-existent.

Advice to Management

Get out of the past and realistically assess the Medicaid environment.