Molina Healthcare - I am hoping I will like the company better if/when I can be promoted out of the call center. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Molina Healthcare

"I am hoping I will like the company better if/when I can be promoted out of the call center."

Current Employee - Member Services Representative in Bothell, WA
Current Employee - Member Services Representative in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Low cost personal health insurance. The history of how the company came to be. The Molina family. I was impressed with their ideals when visiting the corporate office.

Cons

Performance being graded solely on numerous stats/matrix. If you don't meet their extremely high goals they are very quick to write you up. Being monitored every minute of every day. Constant reminders. Half hour lunches. Not enough time to go out for lunch. Very rigid schedules. Difficult to develop comrodery with co workers because all breaks and lunches are scheduled for you each day. No time to blow off steam after a crappy phone call, the next one comes whether you are ready for it or not. And there are many crappy phone calls when you are administering Medicaid. Very stressful job with low pay and perfection being expected of you every minute.

Advice to Management

Stop treating call center employees like they are children. Trust your employees more and treat them like the intelligent adults they are. I understand phone coverage is priority in a call center. However, the entire staff is not going to just get up and take their lunch and breaks at the same time. The schedule could at least be to take lunch during a particular hour but not down to the exact minute. Recognize an employee's worth based on experience and pay them a living wage. Recognize that some of your requirements just don't make sense. Required statements/scripts during phone calls that do not follow the natural flow of conversation.

Other Employee Reviews for Molina Healthcare

"Average"

Former Intern - Finance Intern in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Intern - Finance Intern in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Molina Healthcare as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The people at the Molina office in Milwaukee were very very nice. At times, they were not all inline on the collective goal of the organization and there were flaws in some of the processes and structure of the organization. When I left they were going through a large change in their management team and appeared to be heading in the right direction.

Cons

A lot of the flaws stemmed from views and action of the top management team. The 7 months I spent there were filled with constant changes in the personnel of the top management team. The previous management did not seem to know how to keep the Milwaukee branch in line with the goals of the parent organization but things seemed to be heading in the correct direction as I was finishing up my time there.

"Molina is a good place to work."

Current Employee - Graphic Artist in Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - Graphic Artist in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, life-work balance, lots of time off

Cons

underpaid, does to much internal stuff