Molina Healthcare - Great company and people. | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Molina Healthcare

"Great company and people."

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Reston, VA
Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Reston, VA

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I started working as a part time pharmacy technician with while still in college. My supervisor was very understanding when it came to school responsibilities and not only allowed me a fairly versatile schedule, but was also very encouraging. Upon graduation I was offered a full time job in a difficult economy. They see their employees as an important investment and disperse their profits down the ladder. They offer great health benefits, retirement accounts, ESPP, discounts, and rewards.

Cons

As can be expected, some supervisors can have some negative qualities, but if brought up to them or their supervisor, they will take steps to better the working environment.

Since Molina Healthcare is a publicly traded company, sometimes daily activities can be profit driven, especially towards the end of fiscal periods. This can add stress to life, but is offset by the fact that they offer ESPP.

Advice to Management

Keep up the family-driven management style.

Other Employee Reviews for Molina Healthcare

"GOOD"

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time

Pros

PTO and flexible hours for fulltime only

Cons

Some managers and bosses do not interact with the employees

Advice to Management

nothing

"Molina Healthcare of Michigan - used to be a great place to work - STAY AWAY!!!!"

Former Employee - Clerical in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Clerical in Troy, MI

I worked at Molina Healthcare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Office location good, benifits ok, work hours ok

Cons

Where do I start - Leadership is not "Leadership". HR is useless. Management does not hold people accountable for their workload, bad attitudes, insubordination to manager/supervisor, constant cell phone usage w/loud disruptive conversations. Department is losing dependable, long-term staff due to the lack of communication and what is being allowed to continue. The more non-productive, disrespectful, rude (to Providers/co-workers), non-team player you are - the better you are treated by Management. I do not understand why this is allowed. HR will do nothing, and they are allowed to continue creating a stressful work environment. Why is it, staff can come in (clock in) and go eat breakfast for 30 minutes, while others have to work? Complaints have been lodged with management, management is aware of these individuals - yet nothing has been, or will be done. I am not just speaking of recently, this has been evolving for some time. I would not recommend anyone to work there.

Advice to Management

Need to put in a "REAL" Human Resources Department. Also, Leadership/Management needs to change. Either send them to classes, or replace them. Have better communication with staff, and respond to their concerns and/or need for workload assistance. I never thought I would see Molina MI become such a stressful and awful place to work. 90% of staff - HATE coming in, it is truly becoming a "postal environment". You are losing too many good staff. Management staff in the past, were truly Management. CORPORATE MANAGEMENT - you need to get involved, before Molina Michigan sprials out of control!! I'm no longer there, so you can heed these words and make changes, or not -- I'm not affected and won't have to think about what I could have done.