Momentum Advertising - Field Manager | Glassdoor

"Field Manager"

Current Employee - President of Lucid Innovation Marketing, Inc in Gold River, CA

I have been working at Momentum Advertising full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started about a year ago with Momentum during a break from school to get some entry-level training at sales. Since then, I've made it all the way through the management training program and I am now expanding to New Jersey to run my own market. I have never worked in environment where everyone shows comradery and genuinely loves to help each other. I came in with expectations of making this a short term job, now I realize that this is my calling and I can actually help other people maximize their potential. It's amazing. We go through life and make plans but sometimes there is a higher purpose that calls us. This has been the most rewarding position I've ever been in, as well as one of the most difficult because I continuously must to do a lot of self development. This is no Ponzi scheme. I am not a paid actor. If you want to join a team that will change your life for the better, this is the place for you.

Cons

Comfort zones are soft and cozy, but nothing grows there. You will learn about mental programming and have to face the fact that maybe you are not as positive a person as you thought you were. You will have to admit your faults in order to grow. You will have to develop yourself far beyond the outer layer. You will be pushed to achieve self-fullfillment and confidence. Fear inhibits the masses from reaching their goals, you will have to embrace change and demolish self doubt.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow and develop people even when they challenge you(like I did).

Momentum Advertising Response

Jun 5, 2017 – president

Thank you so much for your feedback. We definitely are proud to see somebody like yourself grow so much within our organization. Especially an individual that makes a big commitment to leave their... More

Other Employee Reviews for Momentum Advertising

1. "Learn to love the grind"

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Momentum Advertising (Less than a year)

Pros

You will be pushed to develop yourself. Your paycheck and your rate of advancement are dependent entirely on your performance. It so happens that your performance also impacts the paycheck and advancement of everyone above you. This means that everyone CARES about seeing you do better, and they will match your effort. Everyone is so focused on being positive and having fun (because the belief there is that these two things are beyond essential to effectiveness in sales) that it's pretty much impossible to not start an uptick in your emotional baseline.

Sales is hard--and this is a great place to learn it.

Cons

Scheduling is wild. You HAVE to be flexible or risk losing hours.

Momentum is part of a nationwide organization called Smart Circle. A few years ago, Smart Circle was considered disreputable. It IS a multi-level marketing organization, after all. That said, SC has improved its game a lot in recent years and is not nearly so shady as some old reviews floating around the net might indicate. It's still MLM, though, and if you are not comfortable with the peculiarities of that kind of business, then this business is not for you. (Your interviewer will happily explain exactly what the model looks like and why it's not a scam--it's not, do your research)

Not everyone can hack it. Expectations are high, and so is turnover. While I was there I saw a lot of people get hired and fail to meet their week 1 qualifications, and a lot of people quit even after meeting their qualifications. Sales is hard, people.

Advice to Management

For god's sake get your schedule under control.

"Been working here for a while, will Never go on anther Job interview Again"

Current Employee - Assistant Director in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Director in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Momentum Advertising full-time

Pros

I like the upward mobility and the fact that everything is merit based. I see some of the negative reviews and can tell they those people just wanted to get paid to do nothing. Working with Momentum gives you purpose. It is the only place that I have ever worked with that has asked me about my goals. More importantly they give great advise on how to achieve those goals. Like I said in the title I will never go on another Job interview again.

Cons

Simple work, but not easy. There are times that I want to quit, but then I think of the bigger picture and realize there is nothing else that I would rather be doing, or anything else that will help me achieve my goals

Advice to Management

Thank you!!

Momentum Advertising Response

Jun 5, 2017 – president

Definitely appreciate your feedback and glad you have a great experience working with us. The Mission of our company and our team is to give every employee an opportunity to work towards their own... More