MoneyGram International - Excellent people to work with. It went down the tube after the financial fiasco. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MoneyGram International

"Excellent people to work with. It went down the tube after the financial fiasco."

Pros

I loved the people I worked with including my boss. We all helped each other. It was very multilingual and multicultural and loved the atmosphere. Great benefits.

Cons

Pay raise was almost close to nothing every year. Upper management didn't really care about us little people. All they cared about their bottom line.

Advice to Management

Nothing. They are outsourcing everything.

Other Employee Reviews for MoneyGram International

"Overpromised, under deliver and can't stop tripping over themselves..."

I have been working at MoneyGram International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay is competitive for my level...Work is something interesting and challenging.

Cons

In-fighting between the business and IT. No communication within the IT org among the execs - seriously, they sit on the same floor in the same building but they don't communicate. The politicking is horrendous. It is like being in Washington DC.

Advice to Management

If you had to send a business analyst to one of your sites to ask why people are leaving....wow. Minds are blown all over the place...really?

"Worked for MoneyGram 15 years...currently for online product"

Pros

Rapidly growing company, helps many people. I have awesome coworkers and a great relationship with my department leadership. Talk to a wide range of customers every day.

Cons

Not much opportunity for advancement. The company seems to be moving away from an emphasis on customer service toward company-wide cost cutting. It is a shame so many people must lose their jobs in the next year.

Advice to Management

Moving jobs outside US can't be the only way to cut costs. I predict fraud and chargeback rate will skyrocket. Keep MGO operations in US.