Monotype - A nice place to work upon and grow | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Monotype

"A nice place to work upon and grow"

Current Employee - Quality Engineer in Noida (India)
Current Employee - Quality Engineer in Noida (India)

I have been working at Monotype full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growth, Peace of mind, Work-Life balance, Positivity, Culture

Cons

Not in a hobby of getting negative about anything :)

Other Employee Reviews for Monotype

1. "Exciting times for a 125-year old company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

I have been working at Monotype full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is going through an exciting period of growth and transition. Management has expressed a clear growth strategy and appears to be taking action against it. It’s hard to go through change, but the company’s future opportunity is compelling and I’m happy to be a part of its exciting journey! The benefits are great and even as the company has grown, the benefits have stayed the same with a few more perks added each year. We recently got AnyPerks, which offers a bunch of discounts and promotions on everything from movies to gym memberships and wellness programs – it’s been an awesome new benefit. I have been able to take classes at university with the tuition reimbursement too. My salary seems on-par with other job opportunities I get contacted about in my market. Overall, I’ve had a great experience here at Monotype.

Cons

With transition comes change – which is exciting to me – but is not always well received by certain folks. There are a lot of new people joining as the company is growing quite fast. Sometimes it is hard to keep up with all of the new names! The good news is, the company is growing which means lots of opportunity for me to move up and grow.

Advice to Management

I appreciate the ongoing sales training and professional development. It’s helping me be a better leader! Please keep it up!

2. "Great first job out of college!"

I have been working at Monotype full-time

Pros

If you want to sell type and font this is the place to be. You can get lots of experience and learn about fonts. You can also get a good salary and matching 401k. Great job if you are recently out of college.

Cons

Very transactional low level job. Reminds me of ADP and Pitney Bows. Also Fonts are not interesting and not a lead into marketing technology. This is important to note because this firm will tell you they are in the marketing space - but they sell fonts. Also depending on the manager you get - well the experience is very different. Mine was all about being mr cool and using his expense account.

Advice to Management

Not much good luck selling fonts. Its boring as can be. But being a boring business can be very profitable.