Monsanto Company - I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience at Monsanto thus far. | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Monsanto Company

"I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience at Monsanto thus far."

Current Employee - Cost Analyst in Luling, LA
Current Employee - Cost Analyst in Luling, LA

I have been working at Monsanto Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, very good at brining people together

Cons

needs more business connectivity between groups at the corporste office

Other Employee Reviews for Monsanto Company

"Contractors go under appreciated, overworked, and management does not care."

Former Employee - Contractor in Oxnard, CA
    Former Employee - Contractor in Oxnard, CA

I worked at Monsanto Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the pros of working for Monsanto is that the company has plenty of money to spend on its employees. This means company sponsored events/lunches, a professional work setting, and great pay (with benefits directly from Monsanto if you are a regular full-time employee. If you're not a regular full-time employee, then you'll have to settle for a third-party hiring agency's benefits).

Cons

I worked at the plant in Oxnard, CA, and there was an abundance of cons to working for this company. Mainly, upper management needs to start caring about their contractors and treating them like the hard working people that they are; contractors do just as much as regular employees, and are just as valuable, and deserve the same credit (reviews and raises, participation in corporate games, participation in company raffles/drawings). Often times, contractors do more work than regular employees who spend countless days off or going home early. Another big issue is the lack of one clear direction on where this company is going. Sure, a company's business process might go through changes, but changing them every other week at the whim of one random person's opinion then expecting everyone to be on the same page by the next week is ridiculous. Lastly, the biggest con of working at Monsanto is that they don't have a problem laying off contractors or employees without explanation. They have no problem replacing you without rhyme or reason.

Advice to Management

Respect and treat every person working for you equally.

"IT Lead"

Former Employee - IT Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Monsanto Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great People, Great Pay, leadership provides empowerment and generally backs the decisions made by their people

Cons

It's tough to move up the chain if you aren't "one of the boys"