Monster Inc - Monster Review | Glassdoor

"Monster Review"

Current Employee - Individual Contributor in Brisbane, CA
Current Employee - Individual Contributor in Brisbane, CA

I have been working at Monster Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with! I am a current employee and after reading all these negative reviews, I just had to get on here and speak about my personal experience. I have been here for 1.5 years and love what I do with Monster. While maintaining a work/life balance is tough, it is not impossible! Things are a bit more chaotic in some departments than in others, however, if you are an "A" type personality and are looking to step into a leadership role, you may not like it here. Monster is Noel Lee's company.. he is deeply involved in all aspects of the business. Some view this as a negative.. in some cases that may be so. I do, however, believe he made the company what we are today... so the man must know something about how to run a successful company.

People are recognized for their contributions, however, delicate flowers, looking for constant praise will not fit in well here.

Cons

Maintaining a work life balance. Monster is not for everyone! You either love it or you hate it.

Other Employee Reviews for Monster Inc

"Grass isn't always greener"

I worked at Monster Inc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The money I guess but life isn't about money so be careful what you wish for.

Cons

If you are good at drinking their kool-aid you will last a while and if you want to work for a slave driving company, this is the spot. Business has gone downhill and will continue to do so for several years. CEO is a micro-manager and you will never feel great about working here.

"Honestly- Worst Employer Ever."

Current Employee - Digital in Brisbane, CA
    Current Employee - Digital in Brisbane, CA

I have been working at Monster Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some very intelligent, fun, talented people working at Monster. Everyone loves music and many of them are in bands. The audio engineers, especially, are quite good at what they do.

Cons

Unfortunately, almost all of them are looking for work elsewhere. The company is privately owned by one person, and his whims and taste are law. Disagreement, however justified, is not tolerated. Mid-managment can best be described as sycophantic, and the marketing department is especially unqualified for what they try to do. Deadlines are constantly missed company-wide, forcing last-minute third-party contractors to expensively clean up the mess.

Advice to Management

Most of your employees spend great amounts of time decrying the toxic environment of the company. Stop firing the most talented people, or treat their expert opinions with respect so that they don't keep quitting. You are an audio company- listen to people!