Monster Worldwide - Monster is how a company should be run... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Monster Worldwide

"Monster is how a company should be run..."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Monster Worldwide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture is phenomenal. Working for the original "job board" is amazing. Monster gets flack because they are public so a lot of information is disclosed that it's nearest competitors do not disclose, but the online traffic numbers do not lie, and Monster is king when it comes to people searching for a job. Which makes my life much easier as a salesperson :) Plus I get to office out of my house!

Cons

That Monster is public. Wish we could keep some of our info to ourselves! Other than that, I have zero cons.

Advice to Management

Management is great. The tenured managers are so seasoned and really know what's going on in the recruitment world and how to help new reps.

Other Employee Reviews for Monster Worldwide

"Customer Service - welcome to Hell"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Florence, SC

I have been working at Monster Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Director of Customer Service, Jeremy Curley is the best thing going for Monster customer service dept. If you work your ass off you will get promoted when there are positions available and if you can get past managers who find ways to pip good agents to keep them on their teams.

Cons

Good agents are expected to produce a ton of work while slack agents get away with anything. Managers do nothing. They should all be fired and let the Team Leads run the teams. Mist managers don't even provide accurate assistance. Spread the money saved on manager salaries across the floor to all agents and team leads. Super Divas are in high positions and would rather make fun of people than do their jobs. Complaints to upper management and gf are not taken seriously and result in a high turn over rate. Not enough new hires to replace high number of people quitting. More pressure and work are put on agents with no sympathy. Dealing with other departments is a nightmare. No one wants to do their jobs, only send stuff back without even taking time to review or push the work onto someone else. Sales is constantly screwing up and leaving SHD and GCS to correct. No QA for sales or back office yet GCS are terrorized daily.

Advice to Management

You know your good agents, you know the bad. Force your managers to do their jobs and weed out the bad seeds. There are intelligent people in Florence looking for work. Why are idiots, divas with ridiculous attitudes and managers that do nothing and don't know what they're talking about half the time running things? There is too much red tape around firing people. Listen to the complaints and take action or good agents will continue to look elsewhere. Again, fire the managers and give everyone else a raise.

2. "Environment that promotes personal growth"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Florence, SC

I have been working at Monster Worldwide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Insurance
    PTO
    Well designed building
    Relaxed dress code
    Helpful co-workers
    Promote from within
    Solid training program
    Engaged managers

Cons

Entry level pay is below region average

Advice to Management

Bring more positions to Florence. We do it better and at a lower cost.