Monster Worldwide - Great Pay, great stress if you're in sales | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Monster Worldwide

"Great Pay, great stress if you're in sales"

Pros

Industry leading pay. Work from home. Brand recognition. Perks - Laptop, iPhone, company credit card, mobile hot spot, free swag, generous milage reimbursement

Cons

If you're in sales, quota can be very difficult to make, most don't make it. Large product offering however hard to sell anything other than Search/Post. 90% of companies have used Monster at some point making it a hard sell. Constantly berated on your pipeline. Prospective customers are often false leads. Don't get quarterly quota until half way into quarter. Slim chance of becoming a manager if you start in sales. Would take many many years. Mainly hire external. Not growing, all hires are backfills.

Advice to Management

Management is actually very good

Other Employee Reviews for Monster Worldwide

"Just not moving forward"

I have been working at Monster Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have some co workers who are so smart and so great to work with it. Monster is pretty good at work life balance. The overall stability of the company does seem better then what it once was.

Cons

It just seems like there are a lot of people who do nothing. We have started trying to be more innovative, however just aren't heading in the right direction. Just seems to me we are mirroring our competitors instead of getting a head of the game. We have a lot of people who stop things from moving forward and everything gets trapped in process. There is a lot of time making up for where Sales seems to lack.

Advice to Management

Clean a little more house and get the sales team to sale.

"Awful"

Pros

The field sales team was great to work with. Other than that I can't find another positive thing to say.

Cons

There is little to no decision making capability amongst the management. No direction and no focus. There was no business plan and a culture based on preventing teamwork.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the middle management and start over. You have the data to be a good company