Montreat College - Montreat College | Glassdoor

"Montreat College"

Former Employee - Academic Advisor in Montreat, NC
Former Employee - Academic Advisor in Montreat, NC

Pros

The institution offers incentives for furthering ones education

Cons

The pay is not compliable to the credentials required for the position.

Advice to Management

Work harder for your employees

Other Employee Reviews for Montreat College

1. "Montreat College is a great place to teach and make a difference!"

I have been working at Montreat College full-time

Pros

Montreat College is an independent, Christ-centered, liberal arts institution that educates students through intellectual inquiry, spiritual formation, and preparation for calling and career. Supportive administration, from the Board of Trustees on down. Caring, genuine faculty and staff. All employees truly believe in the mission of the college and want to honor Christ. Record freshmen enrollment for the past two years. New and growing programs. I have witnessed transparancy and true servant leadership. Emphasis on changes and programs that will provide greater success for students.

Cons

All members of administration have been on board less than 3 years due to a failed merger several years ago. They have new ideas and, as can often be the case, a small faction of the faculty are resistant to change. This creates some tension.

Advice to Management

Keep listening as you have! Keep serving the Lord and Montreat College. Stand firm.

"Security Knowing I Can Trust The Administration At The College"

I have been working at Montreat College full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is nothing I value more than knowing I can trust the administration I work under. I have built a very strong relationship and community with them. I know, without a doubt, that I can count on them. The administration cares about the well being of faculty, staff, and students. They go above and beyond the call of duty to ensure that needs are met. They live their spiritual belief in the open and practice what they preach. They look out for the well being and welfare of the school. Montreat College has a vision for the school that these administrators seek to carry out. They are the epitome of "humility, trust, relationships, effectiveness, sense of urgency, belief, and extraordinary commitment." The college thrives since new administration have been welcomed.

Cons

This is not considered a con, but more as advice: Ephesians 6:5: 'Obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ.'

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. You are doing God's work and you are appreciated for it.