Mood - I saw it coming | Glassdoor

"I saw it coming"

Former Employee - Client Satisfaction in Fort Mill, SC

I worked at Mood full-time for more than a year

Pros

I met some great people. We all had the same feeling of doom when coming to work. At least there were other people that understood how you were feeling day to day. It is unfortunate you have to layoff so many people, good and bad.

Cons

Having car shows, but not wanting to pay people for their service. Expecting the most out of people while morale was low. Did not care about employee retention. Not caring why people were looking for jobs and leaving. We were not stupid and saw how you were letting people go for any reason and not replacing them. You lied to the employees stating their jobs were secure, yet look at you now. I hope you guys are proud.... I don't regret working there as it served it's purpose. I have never seen or met people in management like the ones at mood. The egos and lack of team building, training, compassion, and the know how of how to properly do the job is mind blowing. People are not jumping ship before it hits the bottom of the ocean.

Advice to Management

I see the results of running a company into the ground. You should have learned from the last time.

Mood2017-02-16
  1. "Outstanding company to work for"

Repair Supervisor in Fort Mill, SC

I worked at Mood for more than 8 years

Pros

Overall comfortably fitting for anyone to work. Friendly atmosphere. Voted one of the best companies to work for in SC. Benefits are top notch. Relaxing atmosphere and fun with all of the extra activities that they do for their employees. If you were to work somewhere. This is the place you would never want to leave. Salaries are on point and earned with pleasure there. Top pick.

Cons

Location of headquarters moved from SC to TX. Layoffs and cutbacks since changing its name from Muzak to Mood. Combined it's company with its leading competition BMX and created confusion for most employees that left for other opportunities. Still under change of new policy to accommodate it's new subsciber base that they just acquired.

Advice to Management

Be aware of the constant change in policy and planning for future employment.

Mood2016-12-31
  2. "Cool company, pay is bad"

Former Employee - Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Mood full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Cool products, live music, middle tier mgmt is great, fun events, good growth. Teams can feel like family.

Cons

PTO is horrendous if you're new. I believe it's only 2 weeks (sick + PTO). Pay is not up to par with other cool Austin companies. Raises are few and far between. The execs and product VPs are always quick to introduce the next big product before other products have had time to grow and just as customer service and support teams are finally getting the hang of it. They just want more, more, more which isn't... always a good thing.

Mood2019-10-07

Discover more reviews about Mood.