Moog - Old Guard | Glassdoor

"Old Guard"

Former Employee - Quality Assurance in Blacksburg, VA
Former Employee - Quality Assurance in Blacksburg, VA

I worked at Moog full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Interesting work, lots of available learning resources.

Cons

Clannish, if you are not a member of the right football tailgate party, do not expect a promotion. Pay, the incentive structure is designed so that the best annual increase to be expected is less than the COL, effectively taking a pay cut every year.

Advice to Management

Eliminate the "Old Guard", you can not expect fresh thinking from the same old sources.

Other Employee Reviews for Moog

"Moog does not practice what they preach!"

Former Contractor - Technician in East Aurora, NY
    Former Contractor - Technician in East Aurora, NY

I worked at Moog as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

If you are lucky enough to work with one of the old timers who have been with the company from the old days and still want to train you then it can be a very rewarding experience. Very cool products to work on.

Cons

I was a contract worker for 2 years. Was laid off and then called back and almost laid off again. Was moved to a different division which turned into a total let down. All they preach is culture and how Bill Moog was and so on. I have never worked in a place with such a good reputation on the outside while being so toxic on the inside. Temporary workers are treated like garbage and unless you know someone or you are in the right place at the right time then you will be a full time temp for a long time. Management is not willing to work with you to get you hired. Permanent employees for the most part look at you like you are sub human because of your temp status. I was told to keep working like a monkey and that I was only renting the space and as a temp was excluded from meetings that one boss said were "only for his full time regular people". With all that being said I wouldn't recommend the new Motorola American axle Northrup Grumman style of what used to be Moog to anyone.

Advice to Management

Management is to far out of touch with how bad the environment has gotten. My advice would be to rethink the temporary employee hiring process and quit stringing people along. Also stop hiring all these egotistical antisocial people as permanent employees. From my experience if someone has brains thats great but, it doesn't give them the right to treat others like crap. "We're all in this together" motto is also a total load of garbage. Might want a new one of those.

2. "good company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Aurora, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Aurora, NY

I have been working at Moog full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

a large company that has interesting projects and future. the aircraft sector will be strong because of long term projects. someone can come to the company and find a niche. excellent benefits and salaries keep employees around for a while.

Cons

for a company this large there is very little organization structure. people are expected to simply do what has to be done. this concept works in principle but sometimes without a management structure in place the priority to get things done depends solely on whether someone wants to help you or not.