Morgan Hunt - Unfriendly, minimal training and long hours. Avoid | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Morgan Hunt

"Unfriendly, minimal training and long hours. Avoid"

Former Employee - Researcher in London, England (UK)
Former Employee - Researcher in London, England (UK)

I worked at Morgan Hunt full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a job which if you are a recent grad is something. However there are so many companies which would offer far better stability and work life balance.

Cons

Long hours at least 8-6 every day.
Bad pay £22
Minimal training.
Always told that one can start building your own desk but this never actually happens.
Senior management very unfriendly had a proper conversation with one senior director once after three months. Considering its an office of 6 this is pretty unfriendly.
Very unstable in 6 months they lost 5 people. Minimal work coming in from the few clients they rely on heavily.

Advice to Management

Get to know your junior employees. Broaden your client base it's clearly not working being so reliant.

Other Employee Reviews for Morgan Hunt

1. "An enjoyable place to work, your colleagues and management really made the difference. Supportive and collabrative."

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

Pros

Great training provided, solid opportunities to everyone even if new to recruitment.
    Good working environment based in lovely offices in Central London.

Cons

Subject to long hours but this is true in any recruitment environment; however you are not expected to take work home in the evenings or weekends.

Advice to Management

Its important to listen and know your employees; be aware of their motivations and what makes them tick - will allow you to bring the best potential out of them.

2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)

Pros

I've been working here for over a year and it's a great place to work. There's a real buzz in the office backed up by a supportive culture. My boss encourages me to have autonomy but I know there are there if I need them. This has allowed me to really grow and develop as a consultant. It's fun too, everyone gets on well and I look forward to coming into work in the morning.

Cons

I would have said the working hours which were very long on a daily basis but things have changed there and I work work 8.30am to 5pm which allows me to get home in time to see my kids.