Morgan Lewis - Good Company | Glassdoor

"Good Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Morgan Lewis full-time

Pros

Fun people to work with. Esposure to a lot of technology.

Cons

Beware of rogue managers. If you are not in their "click" watch your back.

Advice to Management

Time to revisit certain departments and look into how they operate. Not all is peachy like you think it is.

Other Employee Reviews for Morgan Lewis

"Excellent team, great learning experience"

Current Employee - Associate in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at Morgan Lewis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The leadership team is excellent and committed to professional development. A very broad client base poses terrific learning opportunities. Great company culture, and very fair work-life balance (for a big law firm).

Cons

There were very few negatives about working at Morgan Lewis. I enjoyed learning from the senior associates and partners, and do not have anything bad to say about the experience. I ultimately left on very good terms and continue to work with them today (as a client).

"Like all companies and job, there are good &great things re the company & job and there are not so good things at times"

Current Employee - Paralegal in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Paralegal in Washington, DC

I have been working at Morgan Lewis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Back in 2009, teamwork and atmosphere, good working environment with the attorneys in the IP Practice Group that I worked for, given lots of responsibility, no micro-management or people looking over shoulders, you were expected to do your assignments and to do them in reasonable amount of time to do the project and to do them timely.

Cons

Sometimes you felt like just a number in the firm, no real loyalty to employees like in the old days, but they may be it is just the sign of times and the business environment these days. Definitely not like some other companies that are in the market place it the top companies to work for like Google or others, but it wasn't a bad place. Afterall, it is a law firm.

Advice to Management

I'd like to, but I don't know if it would make any difference because of my thinking and beliefs in running a company are completely different than a lot of managers in all sorts of companies (small, medum & large) in all sorts of fields & Industries. As a manager, my concern is that the work gets done and that the employees show up each day, are productive and do a decent days' work. Other than that, most things can be flexible implemented.