Morgan Stanley - The people I worked with at Morgan Stanley were great, and that made coming into work enjoyable. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Morgan Stanley

"The people I worked with at Morgan Stanley were great, and that made coming into work enjoyable."

Former Intern - Client Service Associate in Barrington, IL
Former Intern - Client Service Associate in Barrington, IL

I worked at Morgan Stanley as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Morgan Stanley has a great work environment where everyone is willing to help each other out. The employees work very hard and in turn get rewarded for it.

Cons

I was only working at MSSB for a short period of time so I don't really have anthing negative to say about the company. However, just like at any other large company your role can seem very small.

Advice to Management

I enjoyed the management at my office.

Other Employee Reviews for Morgan Stanley

"Bootcamp for finance"

Current Employee - Investment Banking Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Investment Banking Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Morgan Stanley full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Instant legitimacy when talking to investment funds for the next step in your career. Morgan Stanley and Goldman are widely known as the 2 best firms by a longshot for analysts to start their financial careers

Cons

Being an investment banking analyst can feel like a glorified, overpaid personal assistant at times. 50% of your week is spent doing mindless activities that add little value to deals but is a product of the investment banking culture.

Advice to Management

Don't treat this as a 2-3 year program. Invest more into the analysts, increase their quality of life, and groom them to stay with the company. The model of grinding people out keeps a particular type of person in banking... one that might not

2. "Great learning, collegiate atmosphere, competitive"

Former Employee - Investment Banking Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Investment Banking Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Morgan Stanley full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at Morgan Stanley was a great career accelerator and a great experience giving exposure to many transactions and building a solid network.

Cons

The size of the firm is such that you can have very different experiences depending on the group you work in, and it is soemtimes hard to build your own network.