Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good

May 31, 2021 - Associate in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good company to work for Solid 401K and benefits

Cons

No cons from my experience

1. 5.0
    Current Intern, less than 1 year

intern

Sep 23, 2021 - Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

GREAT PLACE to be at all the time

Cons

nothing besides the hours and work

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good Work-Life Balance, Senior Management Stuck In Their Ways

Aug 17, 2021 - Operations Associate in South Jordan, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

My hours are very predictable and consistent. Occasionally (a few weeks out of the year, typically) I have opportunities to work a few hours of OT each week. Analysts and associates are paid time-and-a-half for their OT hours. I work with good people and I find my work to be challenging and interesting, without being constantly bonkers stressful. There's a culture of appreciating each other's contributions, collaboration, and helping each other all succeed, and most of the management are very open and proactive about mentoring the junior folks. There's also mad respect for the fact that we all have lives to go home to at the end of the day. The firm also has regular, broad-sweeping discussions aiming for a workplace where everyone is welcome, included, and able to succeed.

Cons

Senior management seems very stuck in tradition and we've-always-done-it-this-way. For example, working from home. Most folks in Operations were able to do our jobs thoroughly and with great quality while we were working from home during Covid, but yet we're under pressure to all come back to the office at some point without clear rationale. Big changes to processes can take a lot of time and a lot of noise before you're able to get some traction. Also, a lot of Diversity & Inclusion efforts seem to be a lot of talk but not a lot of action.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Morgan Stanley.