Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Intern, less than 1 year

Low starting pay but many opportunities to advance

Jun 16, 2021 - Analyst Intern in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

-started at Chicago minimum wage but given 50% raise in first few months -given opportunity to start own project, role has changed -tightknit team, good work environment

Cons

-lower starting wage than similar companies

Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Good COmpany

Jul 26, 2021 - Senior Business Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

great work environment. Great salary and remote work allowed. all the people here are very nice and i would recommend working here.

Cons

The benefit are not the best compared to other Fortune 500 companies but they still take care of us. I would recommend taking advantage of everything they offer.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Traditional/ Conservative Culture - Type 4

Jun 17, 2021 - Wealth Advisor Associate in Palo Alto, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay and flexible time off, unless you become an FA. Salaried Positions are nice if you want security.

Cons

Working remote through pandemic for over a a year and a half, now executive leaders want to force employees back to the office. On branch level management is some what flexible but the ceo is driving a dictatorial and conservative agenda on employee work attitude, it’s pretty controlling. We’re all adults here, I thought we were a more progressive firm but it’s still traditional. On branch level management aren’t always on the same page when job responsibilities change, in my opinion there’s too many “ladders” and levels of direction that dilutes completely from top to bottom line. National managers sets goals for regional leadership, then regional sets goals for complexes, then complexes set goals for branches, then branches set goals for employees... its just messy and in WAA role they change it up dramatically on the national level without understanding what the role actually does day to day, just to meet numbers. They basically narrowed the scope of what our month performance is graded on, then sunset the role which increased our bandwidth, but during the performance review (which management just bs) didn’t want to even entertain the conversation of compensation increase. I was the top performing employee in my role, after the role changes this year I remained number one and my peers didn’t hit their numbers and management still didn’t want to consider the adoption and staying on top when I brought up compensation, just a pat on the back, and sold me the dream of how my achievements will bring me future success years down the line..

6 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Morgan Stanley.