MorganFranklin Consulting - Scope Creep + Unqualified People on Projects = High Risk | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MorganFranklin Consulting

"Scope Creep + Unqualified People on Projects = High Risk"

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time

Pros

The pay is decent and MFC reimburses your expenses quickly. This is a 250+ size company, so you get to coordinate and interact with management regularly on projects.

Cons

The "management" structure is essentially sales. They care more about signing deals than actually delivering results to customers. It's not unusual for management to assign you to a project where you have ZERO experience doing; it's all about how they pitch it to the client. You end up with a project manager (equally inexperienced) and other unqualified consultants/associates operating haphazardly without a well-thought out plan.

Advice to Management

-Stop bring Big Four cut throat practices
-Bid on projects MFC can actually deliver
-Invest and train your employees in other areas

Other Employee Reviews for MorganFranklin Consulting

"Excellent place to begin a career, with unlimited opportunities for growth and experience."

Current Employee - Associate in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Associate in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been given experiences in various types of projects within only a year, vastly increasing my range of skill sets; I have been valued as a face within the company and not a number, as I've been rewarded not based on my rank and time with the company, but rather my work. Excellent people to work with and work for!

Cons

Not always advanced notice on where/what your next project will be, although I expect this is common in most consulting firms.

"Nothing amazing but nothing terrible"

Current Employee - Manager in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Engaged Company Management (Morgans & Franklins) who really do care about the direction of the Company and want to see that employees are happy. Very approachable.
    -Diverse and young company
    -Fair pay and benefits
    -Diverse set of clients
    -HR team does a great job of communicating various benefits

Cons

-If you don't like business development you won't rise quickly
    -Job satisfaction is highly dependent upon your client. That can be a pro or a con but much of the client assignment is out of your hands
    -Some clients you have to really drive or commute for and that can get old very quickly
    -They used to have a lot of various trainings for employees and now they have ceased them essentially. Hard to understand where the Company is going when they stop various training opportunities
    -Some Managing Directors are great to work with and others are completely out of touch

Advice to Management

With the recent Company reorganization now is the time to have a strategy for where the Company is going. There has been a complete halt in training which sends a really bad signal to employees.

MorganFranklin Consulting Response

Apr 29, 2013 – Vice President of Human Resources

We appreciate your feedback! The recent reorganization does create an opportune time to refocus the Company and take it from good to great, and the Company is taking action toward this goal in a... More