MorganFranklin Consulting - Underrated Experience. Firm over sells and under performs | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MorganFranklin Consulting

"Underrated Experience. Firm over sells and under performs"

Former Employee - Consulting Manager in McLean, VA
Former Employee - Consulting Manager in McLean, VA

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Entrepreneurial environment with a young vibe. Good benefits and above market compensation. Tries to be different. Easily accessible office location in Tyson's corner.

Cons

The firm does not set you up for success, but throws you in to billable projects with no alignment to your background and experience. The firm over sells on projects, and expects the available resources to figure it out, even if they aren't the right resources. The firm sold me on work life balance, than had me placed on a project requiring travel 5 nights a week and 11 billable hours a day.

Advice to Management

Be more honest during interviews about what work life balance means to MFC. It's ok to throw your consultants in, but set them up to succeed.

Other Employee Reviews for MorganFranklin Consulting

"Was ok"

Former Employee - Satellite Tech in West Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Satellite Tech in West Chicago, IL

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Small group of 4 people in the West Chicago Office. They were all friendly and very relaxed.

Cons

Was hired for my iDirect/Satellite tech experience but ended up cleaning the building, installing new carpet and desks in a very large room. They also wanted me to fabricate new structures on their vehicles and were not willing to actually teach me how. Lack of any real management or training.

Advice to Management

Do not hire someone for the TECH experience and then have them become a carpenter, janitor, and a fabricator and unwilling to train them in those fields. I lost a lot of money moving to the area only to be let go after 2 months without an explanation.

"Disappointing"

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They do have a lot of company sponsored happy hours and their PTO is decent. Commercial side seems to have better projects and more competent leadership.

Cons

Training is hard to come by. I wanted to take a proposal writing course from outside vendor and was told the firm was going to offer something. I never saw any firm wide training offered for proposals during my tenure. Also, the federal sector doesn't have a ton of projects to chose from. Directors in the federal space are conniving and blatantly take credit for business develop activities they don't do.

Advice to Management

Keep you directors in check. Find out who really does what on your contracts. Show up on customer site and talk to the clients! Stop bringing 'BIG 4' practices to the firm. Don't say we offer a work life balance and then punish your employees during review time for not doing enough for the firm! It's not fair to compare a person who is highly billable and does what they can for proposals to someone who has a lot of down time during the year to work on proposals and other firm activities. Of course that person that isn't billable can spend more of their time working on proposals. They aren't generating any revenue!!